Please help identify this Peavey

Brother Mango

• Members

I got this bass a couple of years ago. I took it in for a set-up and it wound up staying a lot longer so the neck could be heat-pressed. Research suggests that heat-pressing is rarely a permanent solution.

I want to replace the neck. A paint job is one of several modifications that the previous owner made. Now I can't tell what this was and what neck can be used as a replacement. The only fact: it started out as a Peavey.

BassPhotos004.jpg

Thanks for your help!!!

• Members

It kind of looks like a G bass... have you had the neck off to check what it's made of or if it has a serial no?

Got any better pics?

I'll take the neck off, and get more photos when I get home.

The serial # was completely painted over with the paintjob.

Also, the headstock has all 4 tuning machines on the top. It's not the 2+2.

• Members

It's definitely not a G-bass, I can tell you that much. The shape of the G-bass is a little different and since they come with graphite necks made for Peavey by Modulus, I doubt replacement would ever be needed.

I do recognize the shape and it's definitely a budget Peavey, but I can't think of the name. They've made tons of shapes under the Foundation, Fury, Millenium, etc names.

• Members

It's definitely not a G-bass, I can tell you that much. The shape of the G-bass is a little different and since they come with graphite necks made for Peavey by Modulus, I doubt replacement would ever be needed.

I do recognize the shape and it's definitely a budget Peavey, but I can't think of the name. They've made tons of shapes under the Foundation, Fury, Millenium, etc names.

Yeah I just went down and looked at my G bass :o

It's very similar but the g bass has an extra pot.

• Members

Thanks for all of the input!

Here are more pictures. And, I wonder if my request needs to be re-stated: is it necessary to correctly ID this bass in order to replace the neck, or is this a "generic" Peavey neck that can be swapped among several other Peavey basses?

(Don't pay too much attention to the knobs or the pickguard. Those were modified fromt he original.)

Thanks again!!!

whammybassID.jpg

Archived