Is Peavey the parent company of Trace elliot amps?

Roguetitan

• CMS Author

Looks like it is, and was at one time by Kaman, Gibson, and some UK venture capitalists/buyback types. Or perhaps Peavey is contracted as a US distributor.

Note that the addresses are actually the same:

Trace Elliot

5022 Highway 493 North

MS 39305

Meridian

Mississippi

Phone: 601483 5365

Fax: 601 486 1278

e-mail: domesticsales@peavey.com

Peavey

International Headquarters

Peavey Electronics Corporation

5022 Hartley Peavey Drive

Meridian, MS 39305

Customer Phone: 601-483-5365

Fax: 601-486-1278

• Members

I thought Peavey distributed initially, then bought them. I think this is a good thing. Peavey is a respectable company and will not ruin the TE name and/or quality like companies that rhyme with blender and yipson.

The new ones sound {censored}ing great. The old one I have too...

• Members

I'm very happy that I have an original Trace rig. Before they sold out to everyone else.

IMO, the new stuff doesn't even compare.

Have you tried the new amps? They sound absolutely fantastic to my ears... And I have an old one... That sounds absolutely fantastic to my ears too...

Edit: I mean peavey owned TE just to clarify.

• Members

Have you tried the new amps? They sound absolutely fantastic to my ears... And I have an old one... That sounds absolutely fantastic to my ears too...

I have not personally tried the new stuff. It looks cheap. I really don't know what it is about them, but the old stuff just looks, well, better somehow. Maybe its the price difference. Back in the day, Trace was really expensive, almost in the boutique category. Nowadays, they are in every GC and the novelty of owning a trace is no longer as cool as it used to be.

• Members

I have not personally tried the new stuff. It looks cheap. I really don't know what it is about them, but the old stuff just looks, well, better somehow. Maybe its the price difference. Back in the day, Trace was really expensive, almost in the boutique category. Nowadays, they are in every GC and the novelty of owning a trace is no longer as cool as it used to be.

What do you use btw? I use a Trace V4 and an 1528 cab.

Archived