It's always good to have a back up

The Insomniac

• Moderators

It's not like you don't have any.

:)

I bring sticks and a drum key for my drummer, strings, cords, a tuner, a strap, a capo, picks, batteries for my guitarists and I never bring a backup bass for myself. I usually fail by trying to be helpful to others and forgetting myself. I need to work on that a little more. :idea:

• Members

That's the reason I always use two cabs as well, if one goes tango uniform I still have one left that can make noise. And my little Steinie is my backup bass too. I don't like relying on only one of anything, which come to think of it is one reason I love the old L-1329 so damn much.:thu:

• Members

Wow, I've never seen a tuner failure like that. Someday I'm going to get burned without a backup.

The D tuner on my recently purchased used Spector Q5 Pro(Gotoh type) failed shortly after I got it - a screw on the end of the post loosened up, and allowed it's gear to come loose... On those types of sealed tuners, I can see how that could happen - definetly makes me prefer the tuners on my Fenders - NEVER had a failure of any kind with a Fender tuner...

I had to butcher the cover to get it off, then was able to "fix" the tuner enough to make it functional once again - and am now in the market for another tuner, or maybe a whole new set...

- georgestrings

• Members

That's the reason I always use two cabs as well, if one goes tango uniform I still have one left that can make noise. And my little Steinie is my backup bass too. I don't like relying on only one of anything, which come to think of it is one reason I love the old L-1329 so damn much.
:thu:

I *usually* play through 2 cabs, but mostly because I prefer the full sound I get that way - and use my DI as my "backup"...

- georgestrings

• Members

I play my Cirrus pretty much exclusively but I almost always bring a back up - just in case.

Tonight I was tuning up and the D string which was slightly flat. I reach up and grab the tuner without looking and give it a 1/4 turn - nothing happens - still flat. OK maybe it

Archived