Ampeg SVT4pro on SVT810e

gerbxcore

• Members

Hi,

I have an ampeg svt810e, and I ordered an SVT 4 Pro, is it safe to connect the amp with the cab via a Speakon to jack cable? With the mono bridge button pressed and the cable going from the mono bridge output in the amp to the mono jack in the cab?

greetz

gerbxcore

• Members

Hey dude, welcome to the forum. I gotta be honest, I don't have the same equipment as you but daaamn you have some nice kit right there. Btw the rules on here clearly state that any new piece of equipment doesn't exist without pics ;) so get some asap! :thu:

I'm sure some of the other guys on here running Ampeg gear will be able to help you out.

Oh, FYI...stay away from BOLAG and Lug. Don't ask...don't ask....

• Members

I have the exact setup and running the Speakon cable mono bridged is perfectly fine.You just have to make sure you set the pins on the cable correctly for the amp and cabinet. The settings are on the back of the amp or you can download the manual from Ampeg on both. Very easy to set the pins and it makes a big difference in sound and not damaging the amp or cabinet!:thu:

• Members

Hey dude, welcome to the forum. I gotta be honest, I don't have the same equipment as you but daaamn you have some nice kit right there. Btw the rules on here clearly state that any new piece of equipment doesn't exist without pics
;)
so get some asap!
:thu:

I'm sure some of the other guys on here running Ampeg gear will be able to help you out.

Oh, FYI...stay away from BOLAG and Lug. Don't ask...don't ask....

Who the hell is BOLAG?

;)

Archived