Heyyyy...Peavey from Rondo?

motoreyes

• Members

Not they they are not worthy of carrying Peavey, I just thought it was odd that right in the middle of all the SX, Brice and Douglas basses is a Peavey Grind. That's the first time I noticed a more popular brand other than mainly those aforementioned basses. Just thinking out loud.

• Members

Rondo has always carried some brand-name gear. I've seen Gibson acoustics in stock, and they carry Shure SM 58s at the moment.

Yep. In the "about us" section, they state specifically:

Rondo Music sells a variety of musical instruments including electric guitars, power amps, PA, keyboards, recording gear, and DJ equipment. While we sell 1000s of items from 100s of manufacturers, our primary on line focus is Essex Guitars, Agile Guitars, Valencia Guitars, Brice Basses, CNB Cases, Drummer's Design and Century Drums.

By the way, a good Mom & Pop store can beat places like Musician's Friend on price when it comes to Peavey. I'm not 100% on this, but I believe Peavey protects their small dealers by restricting big box stores to selling at MAP. Many local dealers can sell for less.

• Members

Those Grind NTB's are really nice basses, though the pickups are weak. If you were interested in getting one I'd print out Rondo's page and take it to your local dealer that has a few in stock and have them match the price. Quality control isn't great on the NTBs so they aren't very consistent, but get a good one and you'll have a nice bass.

I think one would look wonderful with a set of DiMarzio Alchemy DP101's (mahogany covers) and mahogany knobs.

• Members

Rondo has always carried some brand-name gear. I've seen Gibson acoustics in stock, and they carry Shure SM 58s at the moment.

Yup. I bought my Peavey head and 215 BW cab from Rondo 25+ years ago.

Then an SX J short scale for my son last year.

They always had a real good selection of gear in the store.:thu:

The fact that both Sam Ash and GC opened stores less that 3 miles away on the same highway must have some impact though.

Archived