Go Rockies....

chris-dax

• Members

Really hope they just thrash the pods this afternoon...!!

I hope not.

I'm a Phils fan. And. I'd rather play the Padres than play the Rockies.

The Rockies are hot as hell right now and have the potential to steam-roll anybody. The Padres lost two of their best players recently, and won't have their best pitcher for the first two games.

Things line up better for the Phillies if the Padres win tonight. So. Sorry. But. Go Padres. :)

• Members

I hope not.

I'm a Phils fan. And. I'd rather play the Padres than play the Rockies.

The greatest compliment possible :thu:

The Rockies are hot as hell right now and have the potential to steam-roll anybody.

They have been playing great since the all star break...all the way around. It's been fun to see them play at this level.

Things line up better for the Phillies if the Padres win tonight. So. Sorry. But. Go Padres.
:)

May the best team win....I like the Rockies chances.

• Members

Congrats, Rockies!
:thu:

He never got the home plate, btw.

Great game, but that was arguable too.

In football, it probably would have been overturned, but oh well. Anyone w/ that record down the stretch deserves it!

• Members

Great game, but that was arguable too.

In football, it probably would have been overturned, but oh well. Anyone w/ that record down the stretch deserves it!

Looked to me like the catcher was blocking the plate with his spikes...not exactly sportsmanlike, IMHO.

• Members

Looked to me like the catcher was blocking the plate with his spikes...not exactly sportsmanlike, IMHO.

True, but I don't know if that's illegal or just frowned upon, as you said. Not touching home while sliding in, being called safe, then being tagged out for the win is a different story... ;)

Again, I'm glad the Rockies won, and that guy who missed the fly in the 8th got the winning run. Feel good story, even for those like me who are indifferent. :)

• Moderators

That's quite a stretch to say that since the ball wasn't completely on target and Barrett had to move toward the grass to get it. What would be left? His feet. Barrett tried to make a heckuva a play and just didn't quite get the job done.

• Members

That's quite a stretch to say that since the ball wasn't completely on target and Barrett had to move toward the grass to get it. What would be left? His feet. Barrett tried to make a heckuva a play and just didn't quite get the job done.

Yeah, so I'm biased. {censored} off. :mad:

:D

Disclaimer: I know jack {censored} about baseball, and tend to talk right out of my ass. Take whatever I say at face value. :D

• Members

Good on ya', boys....this was really a shocker when it happened. This story gave me a real good feeling.

Rockies players vote full playoff share to widow of late coach

On July 22, Double-A Tulsa coach Mike Coolbaugh, 35, died after being hit in the neck with a line drive while coaching.

Few players on the Rockies knew Coolbaugh, who joined the organization in early July, but last week, they unanimously voted his widow a full playoff share that could be more than $350,000 if the Rockies win the World Series.

She is confined to her house in San Antonio, expecting the birth of her third child any day. She has received an unexpected phone call any young mother and wife would dread, so when a stranger called Thursday, this time with good news, it blindsided her, happily so this time.

"I'm completely shocked in a good way," Coolbaugh said. "I don't even know the correct words to use. I know Mike would feel very honored and proud. This would mean a lot to him, and it means a lot to our family."

Coolbaugh said her due date is in two weeks, but her "doctor was saying with stress and everything," the baby could arrive sooner. Mandy also is the mother of two sons, Joseph, 5, and Jacob, who turned 4 last month.

The boys will throw out the first pitch before Game 3 of the National League Division Series on Saturday at Coors Field.

• Members

Congrats, Rockies!

He never got the home plate, btw.

They should've won in regulation, btw. That was a homer Garret Atkins (or was it Brad Hawpe?) hit.

And that guy that scored the winning run is Matt Holliday, soon to be named NL mvp...

figured I'd give this post a bump. I attended the rox second home game ever (as a two year old) and barely barely remember their last appearance. I did love Larry Walker, Dante Bichette, Andres Galarraga, Joe Girardi, Eric Young and all the others I don't remember as I was growing up though.

Archived