I just ordered a 1/2 size upright.

bassgirl9

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Can't wait to see pics of it when you recieve it gal
:thu:

Out of interest (can't see myself playing one), but how much does it cost for a double bass with a nice tone? I'm guessing well over $1k?

my buddy picked up a czek bass for 500 and it's killer. Look into Englelheart, I think even their bottom line ones sound pretty good. You'll pay at least 2000 for a king, and I think everyone should buy them, but I'm biased. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

It shipped today.

It took a while because they were having troubled with the strings... They were supposed to put guts on, but the A on the guts kept unravelling, so after consulting with us, they put steels for the E and A and guts on the D and G. This thing is going to sound killer. Too bad I wont have it for my gig on Saturday. :( Oh well, at least I know it's on it's way now.

• Members

It shipped today.

It took a while because they were having troubled with the strings... They were supposed to put guts on, but the A on the guts kept unravelling, so after consulting with us, they put steels for the E and A and guts on the D and G. This thing is going to sound killer. Too bad I wont have it for my gig on Saturday.
:(
Oh well, at least I know it's on it's way now.

I am jealous.

What is the scale difference between 1/2 and 3/4 and what is the tonal implications of using two different string materials?

P.S. That bass looks awesome :thu:

• Members

It shipped today.

It took a while because they were having troubled with the strings... They were supposed to put guts on, but the A on the guts kept unravelling, so after consulting with us, they put steels for the E and A and guts on the D and G. This thing is going to sound killer. Too bad I wont have it for my gig on Saturday.
:(
Oh well, at least I know it's on it's way now.

Love your new avatar. Is that Cindy Wilson?

• Members

So, I was playing last night and during the guitar solo, I decided to climb up on my bass.

I wanna climb up on my bass!

(that has to be the coolest part of playing an upright)

btw, I first thought '$4K for a URB and she's getting a sparkle paint job?!?!'. Then I saw the pics.

It's AWES:cool:ME!

Now you gotta find just the right color spot gels to go with it :)

• Members

I wanna climb up on my bass!

(that has to be the coolest part of playing an upright)

btw, I first thought '$4K for a URB and she's getting a
sparkle
paint job?!?!'. Then I saw the pics.

It's AWES:cool:ME!

Now you gotta find just the right color spot gels to go with it
:)

Yeah, climbing on uprights looks cool. Actually, even cooler is I saw an upright bassist from a local psychobilly band balance his bass on his head and play a solo. :love:

• Members

I am jealous.

What is the scale difference between 1/2 and 3/4 and what is the tonal implications of using two different string materials?

P.S. That bass looks awesome

I'm not entirely sure. I've never played a half size before. I've also never played gut strings before. :lol: this purchase was being rather impulsive. :freak:

• Members

Yeah, climbing on uprights looks cool. Actually, even cooler is I saw an upright bassist from a local psychobilly band balance his bass on his head and play a solo.
:love:

Psycho guys are so crazy. I know of a guy who stands with both feet on the top of the bass up near the neck. Crazy Mutha. I have no idea how he does it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Okay, so it's at the store. They called me and I could hear somebody slapping her around in the background. :mad: I have 4 more hours of work before I can go get her.:mad:

If I played their guitar before they had a chance to, they'd flip right out. Gah, all those guitards passing her around....:mad: I'm gonna be sick.

Archived