I just ordered a 1/2 size upright.

bassgirl9

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

What will you be using it for? What type of music?

Jazz. More than likely some country/gypsy jazz type stuff, as well. I don't play and don't intend to play rockabilly, if that factors into it. I want to sound like Paul Chambers :cool:

• Moderators

Jazz. More than likely some country/gypsy jazz type stuff, as well. I don't play and don't intend to play rockabilly, if that factors into it. I want to sound like Paul Chambers
:cool:

Who doesn't? Do you think you are looking for a laminate bass? It sounds like you might be.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I played a show opening for Lee Rocker last october and he was using one of those new pup systems. It kicked ass through a vintage SVT and a fridge. I actually got to play his bass right before sound check. I know you will love that new pup. Adjusting the fingerboard and the bridge independently on the footswitch makes everything really nice. I'm sure you will love your new bass even more than I love it already!!

It's beautiful!!!

• Members

I played a show opening for Lee Rocker last october and he was using one of those new pup systems. It kicked ass through a vintage SVT and a fridge. I actually got to play his bass right before sound check. I know you will love that new pup. Adjusting the fingerboard and the bridge independently on the footswitch makes everything really nice. I'm sure you will love your new bass even more than I love it already!!

It's beautiful!!!

First of all, let me say thank you. Secondly, that I hate you out of pure green eyed jealousy over having touched the bass of god.:D

• Members

First of all, let me say thank you. Secondly, that I hate you out of pure green eyed jealousy over having touched the bass of god.
:D

Well, it wasn't actually the bass that he personally owned, but it was his sig model that was owned by a local guy who owns knucklehead strings who loaned it to him for the show so he didn't have to fly his in from california. But I did get a very quick and small slapping lesson from god, and he autographed the bass in my avatar. edit:I forgot I changed my avatar. It was the bass in my last avatar.

So, you can still be jealous if you want, cause I'm still jealous of you and your bass.:mad:

• Members

Well, it wasn't actually the bass that he personally owned, but it was his sig model that was owned by a local guy who owns
knucklehead strings
who loaned it to him for the show so he didn't have to fly his in from california. But I did get a very quick and small slapping lesson from god, and he autographed the bass in my avatar.
edit:I forgot I changed my avatar. It was the bass in my last avatar.

So, you can still be jealous if you want, cause I'm still jealous of you and your bass.
:mad:

I'm no longer jealous. He played Calgary at a little club here in town and I was a monitor away from him through the whole set. I learned many things from him that show too. He had his sparkle king there and I resisted the urge to run off with it. haha. We chatted a bit after the show, but I was too gaga to say anything cool.

Archived