I need help buying a bass amp...

glomezza

• Members

As someone that performed for worship services for several years, go with a simple combo with a quality 12" speaker, and plenty of power behind it. For your budget, I recommend the Roland Cube100 as a safe way to go. Peavey's new Max112 is nice but a wee bit underpowered. Ampeg's BA112 is nice as well, but you have to dig that Ampeg sound. It wouldn't hurt to check out Carvin's new 112 combo, and if you can, check out Yorkville's 1x10 & 1x15 combos.

• Members

man i wish i could do the in ears thing...i do it but no one else in the band wants to. it doesnt need to be super loud cause we will run out into the pa from the amp but just something with some thump to it.

Understandable. I hated them for the first month I used them, until I got some good earbuds and we are now rocking the Aviom system, and each tweak our own monitor mix.

Truly heaven-sent, pardon the expression! ;)

Any of the older SWR combos will rock this need easily. I love my Basic Black for small stuff.

• Members

man i wish i could do the in ears thing...i do it but no one else in the band wants to. it doesnt need to be super loud cause we will run out into the pa from the amp but just something with some thump to it.

If you're running through the PA, you may just want to use the amp as a monitor. I get that you want more thump but too many low end sources in the acoustic nightmare that is most churches often times will result in mud. I've been there a few times myself.

• Members

check out the ashdown electric blue line of combos.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Electric-Blue-15180-Bass-Combo-Amp?sku=485037

its got a DI out too. although it would make sense (IMO) to put it on the back.

Archived