My Dr. Bass cab is here! Hurray!

rpsands

• Members

The fedex guy dropped off my new chillun today, Dr. Bass BL212.

rig002.jpg

It's easily as loud as my old rig, a GK 410 and an EV 115. I've got it turned to around 9-10 o'clock on boost + master + gain, for breaking in, and it's already loud enough to annoy my wife downstairs.

And did I say crystal clarity? Well, no, but there it is. Crystal clear, beautiful warm tone. With the horn turned up, hard core percussive attack. The low mids will stab you in the chest across the room. Hurrr.

I seriously cannot believe how awesome it sounds. Worth every second of he wait.

I can't wait to crank it, but making myself break it in -- speaking of which if anyone has any advice there I'd love to hear it. Can't find my mini-rca to 1/4 jack adapter unfortunately.

Hurray!

• Members

I've heard it said that brand new speakers ought to be run at moderate volume for 20-50 hours or something before you crank them.

You can probably just hook them up to your stereo or something and let it go.

I miss my Dr. Bass's. I'd order a set now but rumor has that he's coming out with some pretty cool stuff soon.

• Members

I need to find a 1/4 cable for the stereo I guess. Hurr.

The thing I liked about the BL's is for like, 7lbs and 100 bucks you got double the headroom.

To be honest, the thing is so small that the weight is much, much easier to carry than my 4x10 (which is like 85lbs and more awkward to carry) despite not weighing a ton less.

If you were gonna buy an rx210 and a 1x12, I'd say just buy the 212, or get a 1x15 and a BL 1260. Those look to be a much better combo :)

• Members

Report:

After about 7 hours of play time, I decided to turn it up halfway with the input pad on.

I almost shook the drum set apart. It felt like I was in some kind of earthquake or something. I am going to have to seriously clean up the rehearsal area..there must be nails or screws rattling out of the walls.

The modern efficiency of speakers/cabs is just insane compared to my 15 year old GK cab. Seriously. 2x12 v. 4x10+1x15 and the 2x12 is at 8 ohms v. the 4 ohms combined of my previous stack.

Dr. Bass is definitely worth the wait.

• Members

Report:

The modern efficiency of speakers/cabs is just insane compared to my 15 year old GK cab. Seriously. 2x12 v. 4x10+1x15 and the 2x12 is at 8 ohms v. the 4 ohms combined of my previous stack.

12" bass cabs rule all. Sooner or later we will all come to this understanding.;)

• Members

The fedex guy dropped off my new chillun today, Dr. Bass BL212.

It's easily as loud as my old rig, a GK 410 and an EV 115. I've got it turned to around 9-10 o'clock on boost + master + gain, for breaking in, and it's already loud enough to annoy my wife downstairs.

And did I say crystal clarity? Well, no, but there it is. Crystal clear, beautiful warm tone. With the horn turned up, hard core percussive attack. The low mids will stab you in the chest across the room. Hurrr.

I seriously cannot believe how awesome it sounds. Worth every second of he wait.

Very nice. Almost pulled the trigger on a Dr. Bass cab about a year ago, but went for a great deal on an Avatar 2x10. Enjoy the rig; nothing like loud, clear and compact!

• Members

There's nothing really that you can hurt playing a new speaker at normal volumes. Speakers do have break-in periods and it varies from speaker to speaker but the more you flex them the quicker they loosen up and more responsive they become. CRANK that sombitch!

Archived