traynor vs yorkville

bassdudeguy

• Members

Traynor is Yorkville is Traynor. I could give you a history lesson on the companies/name but that's what it boils down to :D

Their gear kicks ass, IMO. Old Traynor gear is bulletproof. No joke.. easily the most reliable gear I've ever used.

• Members

Greetings from the North,

As alluded to above Traynor & Yorkville are one big family. But with some of the New Traynor stuff it's more than just rebranding. Right now I'm trying out a New Traynor TC115 Bass cab. It's bigger than the Yorkville 15" cabs and it goes deeper and has no tweeter. I'm running it with my DrBass Rx2260 (212+6+tweeter) powered by a Yorkville XS800H BassMaster. It's simply awesome. The Dr.Bass provides the clarity and punch, and the Traynor TC115 provides that extra girth at any volume with out being overwhelming. As I've said in a couple of threads it can do old school Reggae and Dub on demand, and not sound like that modern processed stuff. From bouncing bootey to bowel shaking. I'm not sure if I'd use it too often as a stand alone but it's given me that Thick and Rich sound of a big rig that I've been missing without being a mud fest.

Rezdog

• Members

Other than the new 8x10, it's essentially the same product with different badging.

80% false.

The TC808 and TC1510 are identical to the Yorkville versions, just cosmetic changes.

ALL others are completely new designs, new cabinets, different drivers, etc. They were totally redesigned, inside and out, they are very different beasts now.

Archived