Any suggestions for touring Europe?

Clatter

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haha! We actually did look into going over on a boat, but it would take 5 or 6 days. And we would look green on arrival, probably.

When we thought of doing this a few years ago we looked into a cartage company and I think we can rent most of our stuff, but we would need a vehicle. It would be awesome to have a driver, too, wouldn't it? In fact, I'd be happy traveling around on the train and meeting up with the gear at the venue. Wonder how realistic that is?

everything is do-able, Amy, if you want to spend the money.

and quite honestly, i wouldn't let the gear out of my site. unless you've got someone you can absolutely trust with it.

• Members

That's a cool idea. Now to find the right band!! Anyone know of any?!

Looking at your rig, isn't it composed of common parts? Anything extra special about your bass amp? Isn't what's special the size and combination of a dual rec along with the cabs and the bass head(s)?

I'd suggest listing out your rig...and really taking a hard look at it.

First off, can anything be omitted?

Second off, can your setup sound as good with substitute heads/cabs/effects, etc.?

Drop ship what you can't borrow or carry (heads, effects units). You may be able to bring those along on the plane with you. Make sure they are in good cases, of course.

Pick one bass...maybe 2 if you can't live without them both. Carry them on.

Have a suitcase for merch.

One suitcase for belongings.

Any help?

• Members
Looking at your rig, isn't it composed of common parts? Anything extra special about your bass amp? Isn't what's special the size and combination of a dual rec along with the cabs and the bass head(s)?

I'd suggest listing out your rig...and really taking a hard look at it.

First off, can anything be omitted?

Second off, can your setup sound as good with substitute heads/cabs/effects, etc.?

Drop ship what you can't borrow or carry (heads, effects units). You may be able to bring those along on the plane with you. Make sure they are in good cases, of course.

Pick one bass...maybe 2 if you can't live without them both. Carry them on.

Have a suitcase for merch.

One suitcase for belongings.

Any help?

Oh, yes, lots of help! We can travel really light (just don't stand too near us! :D ) and have experience living overseas (I lived in the Soviet Union for 4 months). I need to bring 3 basses but from the cartage list it looks like we could easily rent everything else we'd need, I certainly don't have anything unusual in my setup. I suppose I could substitute amps if I had to, but a lot of what makes us us is our particular sound, I think. For instance, an Ampeg just wouldn't work in place of the SWR stuff.

The nice thing about doing this so far in advance and in the off-season is that we can get pretty cheap airfare, so that's a biggie. I'd like to believe that we can make this successful and fun!

• Members

The nice thing about doing this so far in advance and in the off-season is that we can get pretty cheap airfare, so that's a biggie. I'd like to believe that we can make this successful and fun!

What's your level of ambition with this? Is just breaking even alright? You should probably decide on that as the very first thing.

Also what was your rig again?

• Members

Breaking even is fine with us. In the music biz you have to look at it in terms of building a foundation for future tours, CDs, fans, etc. I really believe we would appeal to a European audience and would love the chance to play to different crowds. I think if we did a little tour around now we could get a feel for how it all works and where we're best received so that we can return and focus on those areas.

Okay, as far as my rig goes, here's my setup: http://clatter.com/pages/amyequip.html

You can see it onstage here: http://www.youtube.com/clattermo

• Members

Hey, there are loads of good venues for bands playing original stuff in and around Leeds. We often have US acts like Adam Bomb and Canadian bands playing the medium sized venues. I think you'd go down well at The Irish Centre for instance. Let me know if you want a couple of promotors details.

• Members

Hey, there are loads of good venues for bands playing original stuff in and around Leeds. We often have US acts like Adam Bomb and Canadian bands playing the medium sized venues. I think you'd go down well at The Irish Centre for instance. Let me know if you want a couple of promotors details.

Oh, that would be awesome!!! Thanks so much! If you want to e-mail me, you can send it to booking (at) clatter (dot) com.

• Members
Hey, Detroit works too, it just needs to be when I'm visiting family
:D

Haha! You just need to come to a HammerBash one of these years! Are you going to have any more, Hammer? Although I swore I wouldn't play next time so I could just come and relax and hang out. :)

• Members
Haha! You just need to come to a HammerBash one of these years! Are you going to have any more, Hammer? Although I swore I wouldn't play next time so I could just come and relax and hang out.
:)

I told KK the same thing last week. Yes it looks very favorable that there will be a HammerBash 2008:D

• Moderators

Yes, it's true, we're contemplating a European tour in February. We're bored with you American forumites!
:p

What? We're still waiting for you to come to the West Coast! How can you be bored with us when you've never even met us? :cry:

Archived