Dropped the bomb.

james on bass

• Members

I'm such a wimp, but it was time for a change.

Sent my guitarist an email last night (I'm working 12 hour night shifts) to tell him I had joined a new band in the last couple weeks and was bidding adieu to the rock band of the last few years.

Emailed me back wishing me luck. I should phone him this weekend to let him know no hard feelings. He really is a great guy, but the band has been too many hassles since the beginning. This country band seems like a no bull{censored} group of guys.

• Members

As I get older, I find "in person" is ALWAYS the most rewarding way of dealing with anything, even though sometimes you just can't.

I agree, but as I mentioned, I am a wimp. He really deserved to be told in person or at least on the phone but I saw no reason to stall rehearsal this weekend with lame excuses via email since I'm working nights and can't get in touch with him other than through email until the weekend.

• Members

When you meet to disuss "no hard feelings" and all suggest some gig-sharing, support slots, help promoting each other round venues... when I used to book bands it was great when you got two at once, even if they were different styles. Sometimes it meant your audience stayed all night because something different was coming on, and sometimes it meant the fans of one band would most likely enjoy the other recommended band and would come back later, get used to going there for a drink and to see good music....

• Members

I agree, but as I mentioned, I am a wimp. He really deserved to be told in person or at least on the phone but I saw no reason to stall rehearsal this weekend with lame excuses via email since I'm working nights and can't get in touch with him other than through email until the weekend.

I hope you're not a manager at your place of employment.

• Members

I'm such a wimp, but it was time for a change.

Sent my guitarist an email last night (I'm working 12 hour night shifts) to tell him I had joined a new band in the last couple weeks and was bidding adieu to the rock band of the last few years.

Emailed me back wishing me luck. I should phone him this weekend to let him know no hard feelings. He really is a great guy, but the band has been too many hassles since the beginning. This country band seems like a no bull{censored} group of guys.

Wow, breaking up over an e-mail, you are a puss!

• Members

Funny you should say that, I read yesterday about a recent poll where 11% of the people in the survey who said that they had been fired from a job indicated that they had been fired from their job BY EMAIL!!

There is indeed a sorry lot of managers out there in the workplace.

• Members

No offense to any managers out there; but what he did sounds just like manager material. :freak:

Edit: that really was a piss-poor way to go about it.

although...i told our guitarist i was going to take a hiatus for awhile, good God!!! you talk about a hissy fit..."well we might as well quit right now then" he said right on stage, started slamin' stuff around...everybody else turned around and looked at him like he was nuts.

• Members

I cut my teeth on that {censored}
:thu:
and still play it as a sub from time to time

Made LOTS of ca$h and met a LOT of pretty little wimminz
:thu:

Werd.

I always get free booze, to boot.

Not the most technically "rewarding" gig ever, but hey, better than splitting $100 4 or 5 ways at your "club" downtown...

• Members

Funny you should say that, I read yesterday about a recent poll where 11% of the people in the survey who said that they had been fired from a job indicated that they had been fired from their job
BY EMAIL!!

There is indeed a sorry lot of managers out there in the workplace.

Interesting but I would bet that number to be much higher.

I've met a lot of wimps in my travels in management and there are lots of cowards. Some were even the owners.

• Members

As a matter of fact I am the shift leader at my place of employment. Discipline people all the time and had to fire someone 2 weeks ago. Not the most fun aspect of my job, but definitely doesn't scare me.

Archived