Sting Preference

JacieFB

• Members

I think he's a pompous ass...so...none for me thanks!

I ran into him at Borders, downtown Chicago(N Michigan Ave) several years ago. I stopped him. He asked I wanted, and said "uh, I suppose an autograph." He said "as long as [i was] discrete."

Borders was PACKED. Michigan & State were PACKED(Christmas season weekend). He realized we could have all too easily created a real mess for him. :D

He was playing the Chicago Theater later that evening.

• Members

discrete."

Borders was PACKED. Michigan & State were PACKED(Christmas season weekend). He realized we could have all too easily created a real mess for him.
:D
He was playing the Chicago Theater later that evening.

Well that was nice of him! I've never met him or anything, so for all I know he's the coolest guy on the planet. It's just his persona and what I think about him...

• Members

Well that was nice of him! I've never met him or anything, so for all I know he's the coolest guy on the planet. It's just his persona and what I think about him...

Well, what I was getting at was he wasn't exactly warm, but considering the situation... :D

HEY EVERYONE! iT'S STING!!! :D

• Members

Well, what I was getting at was he wasn't exactly warm, but considering the situation...

HEY EVERYONE! iT'S STING!!!

See...if I ever did meet him, and he did some dick thing to me...you better believe I'd do that to him. However, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt first...and actually give him a chance.

My singer went to one the shows this tour of The Police. He said it was so bad...and he loves The Police. He wouldn't shut up about it for almost 3 weeks. We didn't accomplish anything at band practice because of it...for that...I blame Sting (and my very stupid...stupid...stupid singer).

• Members

I can listen to Ten Summoners Tales, Mercury Falling & Brand New Day over and over and never get tired of 'em.

+1

I saw the Brand New Day show at a small-ish theater in Providence RI. I'd seen films of the Police and didn't have a lot of expectations. He blew me away, as a singer. He was really, really, really outstanding. I enjoyed it very much, so much more than I thought I would.

• Members

My teacher met him at a gig in Rome. My teacher's band was there early for the festival they were both playing, and everyone could see that Sting's helicopter came in and landed - He's a huge fan of Sting, so he had to meet him. Now, being a big music festival with folks as famous as Sting, there was security everywhere, so my teacher is running through back alleys and rooms in Rome (with a Pedulla in hand, no case) avoiding security guards, and he blows around a corner in some tiny dank room, and Sting is standing at the opposite end doing Yoga :D

Eddie was wicked nervous, so he said something like "Mr Sting... Could you sign my bass?". Sting took it, played a few licks on it, looked it up and down, nodded at him, and signed it. Played a few more licks and handed it back without saying a word :D

• Members

My teacher met him at a gig in Rome. My teacher's band was there early for the festival they were both playing, and everyone could see that Sting's helicopter came in and landed - He's a huge fan of Sting, so he had to meet him. Now, being a big music festival with folks as famous as Sting, there was security everywhere, so my teacher is running through back alleys and rooms in Rome (with a Pedulla in hand, no case) avoiding security guards, and he blows around a corner in some tiny dank room, and Sting is standing at the opposite end doing Yoga

Eddie was wicked nervous, so he said something like "Mr Sting... Could you sign my bass?". Sting took it, played a few licks on it, looked it up and down, nodded at him, and signed it. Played a few more licks and handed it back without saying a word

Great story! :D I kinda know how he feels.

• Members

Eddie was wicked nervous, so he said something like "Mr Sting... Could you sign my bass?". Sting took it, played a few licks on it, looked it up and down, nodded at him, and signed it. Played a few more licks and handed it back without saying a word

Honestly, that's ten times a better story than if he had just signed it and made chit chat. To be engage in some hyperbole, it's one warrior testing and approving of another's weapon :D

Archived