Fender precision '62 reissue pickguards?

lowndown

• Members

Just got me a sweet Fender P '62 reissue (Japan), but I'm looking to get a black pickguard for it. Looked everywhere, including ebay, but can't find anyone who sells black pickguards for P '62 reissue.

Any idea's people?

There's places that will make you a custom. You send them yours and a couple weeks later they send them both back. Bring up "replacement pickguard".

• Members

There's places that will make you a custom. You send them yours and a couple weeks later they send them both back. Bring up "replacement pickguard".

Sounds good, but custom things are going to be expensive!!!!

There must be '62 reissue pickguards somewhere?

• Members

Thanks, man.

It's 3 tone sunburst with a tort pickguard, the serial number begins with a G dating it to '87 or '88.

The back of the neck has been smoothed down to a satin finish. The volume knob is missing. The stock bridge has been replaced with a Gotoh 201. When it was stolen it was strung with medium-lite roundwounds with bright red windings. It also had gold dunlop straploks, with a Levy's suede leather 2.5" strap, and was in a black Fender gig bag.

:cry:

• Members

Thanks, man.

It's 3 tone sunburst with a tort pickguard, the serial number begins with a G dating it to '87 or '88.

The back of the neck has been smoothed down to a satin finish. The volume knob is missing. The stock bridge has been replaced with a Gotoh 201. When it was stolen it was strung with medium-lite roundwounds with bright red windings. It also had gold dunlop straploks, with a Levy's suede leather 2.5" strap, and was in a black Fender gig bag.

:cry:

Yeah, I'll keep an eye out around the muso shops.

ya should keep an eye on ebay too!!! :wave:

Archived