Chicagoans: No Love for the Lovable Losers?

y-o-y

• Members

I figured with all the Chicagoan formuites here, there would be at least one thread about Game 1 of the NLDS...but alas, it falls upon the lowly Mariner's fan to address this issue. I guess you guys are too worked up about which quarterback is going to lead the Bears to the next loss to worry about the Cubbies.

Sad.

• Members

I was impressed with Zambrano. Webb pitched a real gem. Beyond Webb, though, the pitching matchups definitely favor the Cubs. All the Cubs need to do is steal one away from AZ and win both the home games.

Yep, I thought Big Z did a good job of keeping his cool when he went to a couple 3-0 counts early in the game and after he gave up the homer in the 3rd.

• Members

Born in Chicago, live in Michigan.

Tigers are my AL team, Cubs are my NL team.

Earlier in the season it was looking like I would have a hard time cheering for a team to win during the World Series.

Wouldn't have that been a shocking WS!

• Members

I haven't been watching these games very closely, but who is the token ex-player/player on a non-playoff team they have in the booth for this series?

y-o-y no likey.

This idea is almost as bad as NFL sideline reporters.

• Members

I haven't been watching these games very closely, but who is the token ex-player/player on a non-playoff team they have in the booth for this series?

y-o-y no likey.

This idea is almost as bad as NFL sideline reporters.

Ron Darling w/ Dick Stockton. It's better than Tony Gwynn and Chip Caray calling the Yankees games. :freak:

• Members

Not surprised.

They don't even belong in the playoffs. The only reason they're there is bc the division is god awful. I've tried to keep a positive attitude, but who are we kidding? They're the Cubs.

They do not have the pitching to be a World Series team.

It's gonna be another AL team that wins it all.

• Members

Being a Cubs fan is like being married to an relapsing addict...You want them to succeed but you know there's a small chance of it and you just can't bring yourself to leave them...

I've watched the Cubs every year since Mark Grace's rookie year (when that gogglehead Chris Sabo got ROY instead of Grace :mad:)

I wore 23 from little league on because of Ryno, watched them collapse in 1989 as Zimmer made some of the most asinine managing decisions in history...

Suffered through a parade of third basemen (Remember Vance Law? I do...)...

Watched Mad Dog bolt to the Braves and have one of the greatest careers in history (along side John Smoltz, who the Tigers traded away, double pain watching the Braves)...

Watched them squander the "entirely natural and not in anyway enhanced" offensive peak of Sammy Sosa, watched the Bartman game and am now watching yet another futile post season...:cry:

• Members

Not surprised.

They don't even belong in the playoffs. The only reason they're there is bc the division is god awful. I've tried to keep a positive attitude, but who are we kidding? They're the Cubs.

They do not have the pitching to be a World Series team.

It's gonna be another AL team that wins it all.

Come on now. This is a streaky team. Once their back at Wrigley it will all come together and the storybook season will be fulfilled. Or, at least someone will finally hit the G.. DAMNED BASEBALL!

Archived