Some morons in my neighborhood regularly have band practice at 10-11pm.

BEAD

• Members

Easy fixed.

Walk over to their fuse box, remove fuse, throw over the fence! :thu:

I used to do this to people when I used to do repo and process server work. When I knocked on the door and heard people inside but wouldn't answer the door, I'd pull out the fuse. When they came out wondering WTF was going on, i'd simply say "blackout huh?" :lol:

• Members

I used to do this to people when I used to do repo and process server work. When I knocked on the door and heard people inside but wouldn't answer the door, I'd pull out the fuse. When they came out wondering WTF was going on, i'd simply say "blackout huh?"
:lol:

Trespassing and utilities tampering are legal in Oz?:confused:

If I caught someone flipping the main breaker in my back yard, I'd send Linus out there while I called the cops.

C7

• Members

Trespassing and utilities tampering are legal in Oz?
:confused:

If I caught someone flipping the main breaker in my back yard, I'd send Linus out there while I called the cops.

C7

If you're doing repo work they are. They are here also.

And flipping a breaker switch is not considered utilities tampering.

• Members

Is it you?

Nah.

My band is always done practicing by 9 or so, since the noise ord. kicks in at 10 and we don't want to piss anybody off.

I don't mind at all, I'm not trying to shut them down or ruin their fun... I just thought someone else would have after a month or two.

:confused:

• Members

In a major city like Portland, there's gotta be a noise ordinance. Usually 10 or 11 PM.

If you find out that the band is Sleater-Kinney, I'll call the Portland cops myself, long distance ;p

yup , Los Angels has it's own special dept. they go after everything , Trash trucks , car alarms , live music , leaf blowers you name it anything that disturbs the peace at odd hours 10 pm is usually the cut off time for noise . Check online for your local dept. and email them , email anyone of them they will help , they love that stuff .

• Members

My band used to have a problem with a lady in the neighborhood who used to call the cops almost every night on us. She did it right after we started every night around 6:30. The cops came a few times, even sat in for a few songs on an occasion or two. They said that there is absolutely nothing wrong with what we were doing as long as we didn't go past the 10:00 noise ordinance. I guess the eventually told the lady to stop calling because after about a month, the cops stopped coming by. That was 3 years ago.

• Members

My first badn practiced at 4 PM, right after school. the neighbours hated it. The lead singers mom (who owned the house we practiced in) sent out a letter to all of the neighbours explaining that the band was doing no harm and that if we werent' playing music we might be out terrorising the neighbourhodd.. the cops stopped coming after that... One of the cops that did come said he heard us 8 blocks away, he also told us about how he was in a band when he was a kid and just told us to keep it down..... never really shut us down, though.

• Members

The neighbor kids on both side of me feel it's acceptable to run their race-prepped four-wheelers, big muddin' trucks with straight pipes, dirt track stock cars, and whatever else in their backyards as late as 3am on weeknights. Because of this, we practice as late as we feel like it whether we're in my basement or out back in my big garage.

• Members

The neighbor kids on both side of me feel it's acceptable to run their race-prepped four-wheelers, big muddin' trucks with straight pipes, dirt track stock cars, and whatever else in their backyards as late as 3am on weeknights. Because of this, we practice as late as we feel like it whether we're in my basement or out back in my big garage.

Whoa......this will not end well. :eek:

Archived