Favorite Bass Cube 30 Settings?

skier4467

• Members

I tend to like the Trace modeling selection the most. Cut the treble a hair, even up on the mid, and boost the bass a hair. Gain at about 4, compression at about 3, loudness to suit. Play with the effects on occasion, really like the flanger with a little chorus.

• Members

I also like the TE modeling the best as well. Clean, fat & punchy.

My settings are pretty much like bassman1956's. If 12 o'clock is 'flat', my bass is boosted a bit, mid is flat and treble is 'flat' (or cut a bit when I have new strings). Mostly... it kinda depends on the weather/humidity (I tend to play in at least semi-outdoor situations). It seems to get a little 'mushy' if it is really rainy/humid. In that case I'll dial up the mids a bit, maybe even cut the bass a hair.

The compression tends to stay around mid range or a tad past (see humidity above) and the gain at 11.

I guess they sound pretty good but I'm not really an FX kinda guy so can't really advise you there.

It's a killer sounding little amp. Just the right size for stowing/hauling around on my boat. Plenty loud for a coffee house gig & the times when sailors get together with their acoustics. Otherwise I just plug it into the house PA.

Archived