Eden VS. Ampeg... and a few other issues

Casper Cliche

• Members

I am in a bit of a bind here. I have an Ampeg 8x10 cab purchased about a year and a half ago. I have played numerous local shows, and taken it on one US tour. So its in great condition with a few small scuffs/tears here and there.

PROBLEM: The band I was playing with broke up and I now play in 2 bands. I used to just leave it at the practice place, and transport it in the band van. Now that this is not the case I need to be able to get my gear around and I have a 4 door car.

I posted an ad for a trade to see what people would offer me.

1st Question... Is it true a 6x10HLF will fit in the back seat of a full sized 4door?

2nd... I had one guy offer me an Eden 410T and Eden 115 Cab. The 410 is 540 watts, and the 115 is 200 watts.

I am running a GK 700RB head... Any idea how this will sound in comparison to the ampeg (other than the obvious difference of a 15 being thrown in the mix)

3rd... What other recommendations would you guys have? I hate to let this cabinet go, but I feel its a must for now...

• Members

1) should do, on the back seat. boot/trunk is dependent on your cars design.

2) it won't sound the same at all, ampeg speakers are designed to color the sound from what i've read. Eden will just give you a stable tone, derived fundamentally from the sound modeling characteristics of your amp and bass.

3) go out and try some cabs

• Members

CC,

1. I'm pretty sure you would be able to fit an Ampeg 610 on the back seat of most full sized sedans. ;)

2. Eden cabs in comparrison to ampeg take a bit of getting used to as the Edens are a very accurate reflection of your amp and guitar's natural tones. Given that the 410 is one of the older versions and assuming the 115 is around the same age, I reckon this combination will most likley sound pretty good but if you can try them out beforehand, this would be ideal. :thu:

3. If you love your Ampeg 810 that much.................get a bigger car??:idea::D

Archived