Warwick amps?

REMUS

• Members

Never used them myself but I assume they are similar to SWR stuff, am I right?

Just seen this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200156732871&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=010

Warwick 1000 watts X-treme

9186_3.JPG

I might stick a bid on it, never really used super clean/max headroom amps before and it's killing me not having anything decent to play on.

• Members

Why is there an Audix sticker on the case? Tell the owner it ruins the value of the Warwick.

Why do you say SWR and Warwick are similar? Huh....even though they're oceans apart, I kinda see your point.

Nice amp...grab it for less than $600 for sure.

• Members

I meant in terms of head room before they clip in my comparison to swr, admittedly i've spent no time with the warwick amps and very little time with any sort of swr except the working man series so I made that comment on a somewhat ill-educated guess, but i'm happy to be corrected.

• Members

I think it might have been my spector that didn't like the amp, but I also used my friends custom overwater 6 string and that didn't sound great... one thing I do admire is their stability in drop tunings, even on B string in drop B the swr sounded happy.

• Members

If you say that Warwick amps are like SWR because they're solid state (cos im assuming you're talking about the ProFet range?), then thats pretty close to where the comparison ends. Amusingly enough, I would choose an SWR over a Warwick any day, I can get a better tone quicker out of an SWR. And I still have to sit there and fiddle with it for ages before I get what I want.

Having said that, they do make one of the only 1000W all tube bass heads that I've ever seen...*cringes at the thought of the loudness*

• Members

I have a Warwick Combo. Apparently the older gear was better - as in before production moved to China. Agree that the tone isn't fantastic - i set mine flat in all honesty and the tone comes from a combination of fingers, strings and bass. My 5 string fretless Kramer sounds a-a-a-a-a-amazing through this amp. Then again it would sound amazing through anything. The low/ high boosts are good.

Not so sure what the best thing to do with the separate gain and master vol... ?

Archived