Holy... what the... yikes... (on-topic)

NeonVomit

• Members

Technique? Couldn't really hear much. Maybe if it wasn't so distorted...

My old guitard used to always say bass needs no effects. Thats wrong, but clips like this show a case for it. You cannot hear what the bass player is playing. When he 'rests' the grinding noise stops, thats the only way you know its him.

I appreciate that some people like this kind of music and pay to go and watch it, fair play. But I dont see much to appreciate in the technique when the sound this technique results in is so unclear that he could really just be kicking his bass and not fretting the strings.

• Members

Couldn't hear anything he was doing at all, no difference in the notes heard even when he was frantically moving his left hand, so I assume he's cut right out of the mix. What I could hear sounds like {censored}. I really wish they'd stop calling this sort of style "metal", and start calling it something more accurate (like "crap").

• Members

Tends to be the trend in this type of music, I heard a note every now and again... mostly the strings fouling on the frets. You can't really say "whoa thats skill" either, due to the fact you can't even tell what he is trying to achieve apart from playing very fast.

It's one of the main reasons I won't play black metal anymore, even though I love it... you usually can't hear the bassist and I usually can't even hear myself because it's so loud.

• Members

I know that every generation has to take things a little further, in order to prevent their mum popping her head around the bedroom door and asking the dreaded question, "Ooh, I like that song sweetheart, who's it by?".

Surely though, that is just a really fast, bad noise.

Archived