CD on "permanent play" status--

blueyedmule

• Members

Sixx: A.M. has been in my cd player since I bought it a couple weeks ago. It's just really grown on me. FYI I'm 40-something, not a skullfullamush. I really appreciate the writing and DJ brings some sorta "Nightmare Before Christmas" mentality to his music that I really dig. Tim Burton goes metal, maybe. Dunno. I appreciate the vocalist's more mature range and approach to his craft. Anyway, I appreciate the larger scope of what Sixx is up to with his foundation for runaways as well. I guess it goes with it that I got the book and read it twice before loaning it to a friend who is a widower; her husband was a bar-band guy who basically drank himself to death. She knows what living with addiction is like, I think she'll appreciate the book as well.

Anyone else have appreciation for the book and/or cd?

• Members

Is this Nikki Sixx?

Sixx: A.M. is the band name, it's Nikki on bass, DJ Ashba on guitar and various other noisy things, and James Michael singing. I'm not clear on who did drums but he doesn't seem to be part of the band. Don't expect anything Crue-like in the music or lyrics.

That bein' said, I think it rocks.

• Members
Sixx: A.M. is the band name, it's Nikki on bass, DJ Ashba on guitar and various other noisy things, and James Michael singing. I'm not clear on who did drums but he doesn't seem to be part of the band. Don't expect anything Crue-like in the music or lyrics.

That bein' said, I think it rocks.

I only ever liked Motley's self titled album and Generation swine. This new band sounds pretty cool.

• Members

in my opinion, "accidents can happen" and "girl with golden eyes" are 2 of the best songs nikki has ever written. really deep and touching.

im about a third of the way through the book, it's pretty addictive in itself (pun intended)!!

the album is a journey... you need to listen to it a couple times to appreciate it fully. having said that, it's up there in my fav 10 albums of all time.

Archived