The Tube Amp Appreciation Thread

Thunderbroom

• Members

My wife and kids have been gone today, and I've had a hellish work week, so I decided to fire up the Univox today with the Avatar stack. The output was not near what I thought it should be. I put my Boss EQ pedal in front of it, set flat but with the volume boosted. That did the trick! I may gig with it next weekend.
:thu:

This thing sounds pretty damned good. It will not overdrive no matter how hard I push it though.

• Moderators
That's crazy, yet cool, you can't get it to overdrive.

Oh and you're welcome again!
:D

What's crazy is the plate voltage in that amp. It's scary high. But the gain staging is set up to keep it clean all the way up. It's a cool little amp. Seriously cool.

• Members
What's crazy is the plate voltage in that amp. It's scary high. But the gain staging is set up to keep it clean all the way up. It's a cool little amp. Seriously cool.

I'm wondering if it's doing what it should on the pre side, though...:confused:

You shouldn't have to boost your line level to get something out of it. Did you have your tones up Tbroom?

• Moderators
I'm wondering if it's doing what it should on the pre side, though...
:confused:

You shouldn't have to boost your line level to something out of it. Did you have your tones up Tbroom?

Agreed. It was on spec a few weeks ago, but I might need to look at it again soon.

Archived