OT: Any smartphone geniunses here?

Bluescout

• Members

I have a customer with a blackberry 8703 and we put the company database on it with 8500 names. Now many of the names don't appear on a search but if someone calls, you can find their contact info through the call log, indicating the entry is somewhere in the phone. Anyone have experience with this?

• Members

I've never seen anything like this... Although i'm new to Blackberrys. I used treos for a few years but since they stopped trying with Palm OS I switched to an 8300 this year.

Although the 8700 isn't a current model, it's hardly old technology. Perhaps if he were to do a sync and put all the data on a pc, and wipe the blackberry and update the firmware?

Also, it's possible that the contact info is in an incompatable format, depending on how it was put on the phone.

• Members

It came out of ACT 6.0. The first try was syncing with Companionlink direct to the phone. Then I tried syncing with Companionlink to outlook and allowed intellisync to push it from outlook to the phone, Same result as the first time.

The worst part is I go through this crap every time the dumbass drops his phone in the toilet.

Archived