My stepdad shot a moose this week!

Crescent Seven

• Members

Hell. Yeah. This sucker is huge, the quarters are over 6' tall, not counting the hooves. 1200lbs; it took him 12 hours to move it 300 yards back to camp.

In CO you only get one moose per lifetime, and it takes 10+ years on a list to get a tag. I'm going over tonight to cut steaks.:thu:

I'll post pics if anyone is interested in seeing them.

C7

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I bet he could of gotten closer to it, are moose even scared of humans?

I hear they arn't even bothered by SUV's lol!

What does magnum actually mean btw, i've heard the phrased coined countless times... I assume it means a bigger/more powerful propellant charge, a bit like a BMG .50 cal for instance.

• Members

worst joke I've ever heard:

The King of Sweden is out hunting with his aide. Suddenly, in the clearing ahead, a man appears. The King aims his shotgun at the man, who shouts "I'm not a moose!" The King fires his gun and kills the man. As they run over to see the victim, the aide asks the King why he shot even though the man said he wasn't a moose. "I thought he said he WAS a moose," the King said.

• Members

Hunting is evil! Guns are evil! Your Stepfather is evil! Killing other living things is evil! We should live in harmony with all of nature and only eat tofu! Tofu that falls from the sky, so that we don't take anything from nature! Which we should all love!!! You're all crazy, shut up, let me talk!!! :mad:

Now join hands!...I'd like to lead you in some swaying...

150px-Free_Waterfall,_Jr..jpg

• Members

What does magnum actually mean btw, i've heard the phrased coined countless times... I assume it means a bigger/more powerful propellant charge, a bit like a BMG .50 cal for instance.

Yep, the .50 BMG is only slightly bigger, with just a bit more powerful powder charge...

Rifle_cartridge_comparison.jpg

:D

• Members

Hell. Yeah. This sucker is huge, the quarters are over 6' tall, not counting the hooves. 1200lbs; it took him 12 hours to move it 300 yards back to camp.

In CO you only get one moose per lifetime, and it takes 10+ years on a list to get a tag. I'm going over tonight to cut steaks.
:thu:

I'll post pics if anyone is interested in seeing them.

C7

Nice - my brother in law, Leroy, usually gets his elk every year....then we have grilled marinated elk-kabobs....:D

Never had moose though....that's a big mofo...:D

• Members

I bet he could of gotten closer to it, are moose even scared of humans?

He probably could've just spanked it to death...at least that would bring a little sport into it. Sounds good, though...only meat I've ever had out of the ordinary is Bison. Delish!

• Members

I just got done wrapping 150 packs of moose burger. Each was over a pound. Earlier today, my mom filled a whole shelf in their 6' freezer with steaks, roasts, and stew meat.

Tomorrow we're going to start on the front quarters.:D

By the time we're done butchering, it's going to yield almost twice the meat of an elk and 3 times that of a mule deer. {censored}ing huge.

C7

• Members

Nice - my brother in law, Leroy, usually gets his elk every year

I was amazed at how Elk are quite a bit more common depending on the area. In Estes park they just wander through traffic. Golfers have to wait for them to get off the greens before they can play through. :D

Archived