Winter Park Colorado

slapthefunkyfour

• Members

I used to live in Colorado and this is the very off season between summer and ski season. It is bound to be sleepy but beautiful too. Hike and enjoy the outdoors, watch the color of the Aspen trees changing. Maybe find the local bar. Cant remember what they are called anymore. Have fun.....

• Members

Yeah, not much to do there this time of year. Local bars would be a good idea, but there probably won't be much in the way of live music, IIRC. Definitely make use of the outdoor activities - hiking, sightseeing, etc. It'll be beautiful with the trees changing colors, etc.

• Members

We plan on bringing our mountain bikes. We'll have a few hours the first day to ride. The next few days, it will just be a couple hours before bed that I need to fill up. I'll look for the bars. Hopefully I'll find some live music somewhere.

You should find more than enough trails in the area for biking. :thu:

Whatcha goin' up there for in the first place?

• Members

You should find more than enough trails in the area for biking.
:thu:

Whatcha goin' up there for in the first place?

My brother owns a ski shop and every fall he travels all over going to ski swaps selling stuff. I go with him whenever I can. I get a couple days of vacation, and he pays me for it!!

• Members

Whoa. That is really really tempting.

I can help.

Count on there being a million people trying to make turns on a patch of 6" deep slush that's 100' wide, and about 1/4 mile long. Ride your mountain bike at Winter Park instead.:D

Wish I could meet up, I have to work on Saturday, and Sunday I have rehearsal. Have fun!

C7

• Members

I can help.

Count on there being a million people trying to make turns on a patch of 6" deep slush that's 100' wide, and about 1/4 mile long. Ride your mountain bike at Winter Park instead.
:D

Wish I could meet up, I have to work on Saturday, and Sunday I have rehearsal. Have fun!

C7

Yeah, I remember skiing in Sun Valley on opening day. One run, too many people. It is exciting just cause I love to ski so much. Mountain biking it is then.

How far away is Lakewood from Winter Park? We are getting into town Thursday evening. I'll be there for 4 days.

• Members

Yeah, I remember skiing in Sun Valley on opening day. One run, too many people. It is exciting just cause I love to ski so much. Mountain biking it is then.

How far away is Lakewood from Winter Park? We are getting into town Thursday evening. I'll be there for 4 days.

do some mountain biking. There's some killer singletrack stuff in Winter Park. Bring the cold weather gear though, it's been getting cold up there and they already have snow.

• Members

We plan on bringing our mountain bikes. We'll have a few hours the first day to ride. The next few days, it will just be a couple hours before bed that I need to fill up. I'll look for the bars. Hopefully I'll find some live music somewhere.

Of course there are 100 shops to rent bikes at....which you knew...but if you don't want to bring yours...

Weather should be optimum for biking and hot tubbing under the stars...enjoy..

Archived