Help Me Pick Band Photos

Thunderbroom

• Members
Actually, all of them are excellent. I prefer the few of the band that are a little closer up.

I'll second this. There's this fad among photographers now to show full body shots. To me, they're just a waist of film (or memory, whatever the case may be). People identify with faces, and you'll get more mileage and bang for your buck with close up shots centering faces. After that, then chose the pose where everyone's face is visible, having the group centered the best.

• Members

_JWI9801.jpg

The one looking down is really good too. This one has nice character to it and appears a little less self concious than the others.

I'd use this picture of this guy.

_JWI9817.jpg

_JWI9833.jpgAnother great character shot.

This guy has a great smile. I'd use this picture of him. It's really warm.

_JWI9850.jpg

This one of your lead girl here....

_JWI9872.jpgHands down, best shot of her. Arms are down and relaxed, the smile is self confident, the cowboy hat tells me what kind of music you do, and she looks like someone I'd want to listen to or have a conversation with. She also looks the thinnest in this one (not something that's a problem for her but nonetheless, it's something we girls worry about) This is a great shot.

I like this one because it's a bit smokey and sultry. It stands out a bit from the other pictures, but I think that's okay.

_JWI9898.jpg

His arms look good in this one. He looks kind of tough and country in this one. Marlborough man-ish. I'd use this one.

_JWI9934.jpg

Now for band pic

This one is pretty good

_JWI3601.jpg

However, I'd be more inclined to go find a yard full of cars for a group photo.

• Members

I like this one because it's a bit smokey and sultry. It stands out a bit from the other pictures, but I think that's okay.

Maybe it's just the contrast on my monitor or something, but you can't see her body. The black outfit with the black background makes it look like she's a whale.

Not trying to be mean or anything, but she doesn't look big in the band shots, she looks massive in that one. Probably not what she's going for. ;)

• Members

Hmmm..

Uhhh...

Errmmm..

Does the photographer normally do weddings and 'studio portraits'?

They all lack some edge in my mind, bit standard, bit too clean really..

Put it this way.. I don't know you, I don't know your bands music (which is kinda good because it gives me an outside unbiased opinion), if I saw these photos in a magazine I'm thinking christian rock/country or something.. I don't pick up any personality in them, it gives me no insight into YOUR persona, they don't make me go 'oh yeah, wow, so who are these guys, they look interesting, I wanna hear what they do'.

Hope I haven't offended!

Archived