What are some big telemarketing companies?

ec437

• Members

Telemarketers have no soul...

And since the do-not-call list...not much of a job!

Why do you ask anyways? I was once a telemarketer...it was the worst job I ever had. Nobody ever wanted to talk...especially between 5 and 8pm. I didn't blame them! I quit after 3 weeks...

The Do Not Call list expires in 2008, unless you know to relist yourself.

I'm gonna buy some shares for a quick profit right before the list expires.

• Members

Why do you ask anyways? I was once a telemarketer...it was the worst job I ever had. Nobody ever wanted to talk...especially between 5 and 8pm. I didn't blame them! I quit after 3 weeks...

I once had a job doing telephone surveys. I hated evey second of it. It probably would have been an easy job if I could have just turned off my brain and not given a {censored}. However, I hate telemarketers calling me so I felt bad every time I called someone.

Although, our boss did say we weren't required to use our actual names if asked. There was a timezone map sitting on each station and the name that stood out the most to me was Manitoba. Thus, the fake name "Buck Manitoba" was born.

There was such a high turnover rate at that job, you pretty much had to quit in order to stop working there. I don't think they ever fired anyone.

On my next to last day there I got very stoned before going to work. They had a test mode where you could read your survey before actually calling people. I sat there, in a weed stupor, just staring at the screen. It was an idiotic survey about what brand of chicken people buy at the store.

After about an hour of not actually doing any work I told the supervisors I was "too high to understand what was going on" and that I was going home. I didn't even get fired. They told me that I shouldn't tell them that (because they didn't want to be obligated to narc me out to the owner) and to take the rest of the day off.

I quit the next day when they sent us home in the middle of the day because the computer system went down. Actually, I let a friend call in for me.

Friend: "Will isn't going to be comming back to work"

Boss: "Is there a reason?"

Friend: "yeah" *hangs up the phone*

Archived