NEW BASS! (Pics inside)

Jim-Bass

• Members

After months of severe GAS pains ..it is now mine and I am a G&L owner player!

From now and forever more, I will be G&L and Ric only - I will get a surgeon to remove my GAS glands ( I'll freeze them, just in case)

The G&L is in top shape and better still it has a hard case and even better is the quality of that case - brilliant.

Now to play it, I think you wiggle you fingers one way and don't smile at all (and a lot of players seem to have sinus probs :D)

Any comments about the bass being the wrong way around etc...will be ignored. I'm in the Southern Hemishere - everything is the reverse of up there

Photo%20138.jpg

Photo%20139.jpg

Photo%20140.jpg

Photo%20142.jpg

• Members

Simply gorgeous mate!! Ash body?

I dont know yet ...it has a nice weight ( like my basses to feel like the sound....:solid!)

I only just picked it up 30 mins ago....how can I tell what year it is, is the a erial decoder somwhere?

the previous owner has left the 10 year limited warranty card in the case - how thoughtful!

• Members

hey man i play a fretless asat semi hollow...g&ls are amazing huh, i absolutely love it, next purchase will be a jb-2 for sure....the switches are easy, the first one is pickup selector, the second is series/paralell, the third is passive, active, active w/ treble boost...you can get amazing sounds out of these basses

• Members

Any comments about the bass being the wrong way around etc...will be ignored. I'm in the Southern Hemishere - everything is the reverse of up there

So... whenever I see someone playing a left handed bass or guitar I sorta tense up and cringe thinking about playing it backwards like that and how wierd it would feel.

Do you guys feel like that basically your whole life with every bass/guitar you see? If so you have my sympathy.

• Members

So... whenever I see someone playing a left handed bass or guitar I sorta tense up and cringe thinking about playing it backwards like that and how wierd it would feel.

Do you guys feel like that basically your whole life with every bass/guitar you see? If so you have my sympathy.

Because most bass and guitars are right handed, strangely enough I'm on your side. It looks more normal ....when I see a left handed one I have 2 thoughts: 1. yay, a lefty, and 2. do I look that strange?

There are some leftys that don't evoke that second reation ...like McCartney - he always look normal to me. In fact, he looks the most natural out of everyone.

But if I could ask you, what do you think when you see Hendrix or Cobain? Maybe their sound and reputation come first and draw attention away from the 'mirror men'

I wasn't so keen on Hendrix playing an R/H upside down and restrung ...if the bass is symmetrical it's not an issue, but I started learning on a re-strung Fender Music Master when I was 14 ...the music teacher said the school band needed electric bass, and offered it to me without even hearin me. But I was too self-conscious about the 'upside down' bass and said No. And I do NOT like seeing "Hendrix Strats for right handers". That's just grand standing :mad:

Once when I went to a lesson, I think my teacher had smoked some green beforehand ....halfway through the lesson he stopped and just starred at the upside down headstock...and then after a minute gave a giggle and mumbled incoherently but I did hear the words 'far out, it's upside down':freak:. But that was the only time he was anything less than a damn good teacher

But I'm a Beatles Nut, and glad that Macca can represent us lefties! :thu:

• Members

But if I could ask you, what do you think when you see Hendrix or Cobain? Maybe their sound and reputation come first and draw attention away from the 'mirror men'

it's not so much i think the person playing them looks weird... it's more so when i think about holding a bass/guitar that way my muscles just start to feel awkward as i sorta start playing like that in my mind.

maybe i'm kinda weird like that... like one time i changed my mouse pointer so it pointed to the left instead of the right (well, basically mirrored horizontally) and i about fell off my chair sideways looking at it... had to change it back.

Archived