NAD!

bikehorn

• Members

Okay, not really. I am however finally in possession of my NAD 1020 preamp once again. It has a great phono preamp in it, which is my main source and sounds great through headphones. In this picture it's sitting on top of my Technics RS616 tape deck and Superscope R-1270 receiver, which I'm going to add a switchable "power amp in" to use it as a power amp for the 1020.

IMG_0431.jpg

• Members

Nice!

Have you thought about joining the 21st century yet?
:)

JK...I'm sure that stuff sounds 10 times better than anything out there these days.

Haha, I don't even use the tape deck, it was only plugged in for the picture. It came with another receiver I scored, so I keep it around for 'display purposes'. I do however think that records sound the best :) You can just barely see the edge of my Dual CS 508 turntable beside the stack.

• Members

I just have a little cheap JVC turntable that I picked up from Circuit City ten years ago. Nothing fancy. :)

Of course, it's plugged into a Mackie Big Knob monitor controller and a pair of Adam A7 studio monitors. :D After I build my new studio room and move the drumkit and stuff out of this room, I'm going to put a nice comfortable chair in the control room and use it as my reading/music room as well. The room has good acoustic treatment in place (although I really ought to add about two more bass traps, I think) and music just sounds phenomenal in that room through those monitors.

• Members

I just have a little cheap JVC turntable that I picked up from Circuit City ten years ago. Nothing fancy.

Of course, it's plugged into a Mackie Big Knob monitor controller and a pair of Adam A7 studio monitors.
:D
After I build my new studio room and move the drumkit and stuff out of this room, I'm going to put a nice comfortable chair in the control room and use it as my reading/music room as well. The room has good acoustic treatment in place (although I really ought to add about two more bass traps, I think) and music just sounds phenomenal in that room through those monitors.

Wait till you hear that setup with a decent turntable and cartridge :)

• Members

Wait till you hear that setup with a decent turntable and cartridge

I don't have a ton of albums. I'm mostly a CD person. :) It's nice in the studio, though, as I can either run the CD through my normal CD player (and then through the monitors) or I can play it on the computer through my Digi002 Rack converters ... or if I want to, I can import it into ProTools and play it through the converters on my Apogee Rosetta 200. :D

...not that I can actually tell much difference at all between any of the converters when used as such. :shrug: It's still fun.

Archived