So the Japanese are now orbitng the moon...

Hearafter

• Members

The intent was to spark the debate of the fake landing conspiracy, vs. what Buzz Aldrin punched some reporters face in for.

I've always been under the assumption that Americans really did land on the moon (17 people walking)... but I also used to believe that Fox News was real.:freak:

• Members

Sadly, the Apollo lunar lander (bottom half only) is only about 9' across. There is no lens that can see that from space. There are, however, two possibilities of sitings. One is, if taken at local sunrise or sunset, the lander bases (as well as flags, etc.) would cast a very long shadow which might be visible from an orbiting spaceship (this was postulated as possible for viewing those landing sites from the Hubble Space Telescope). The other possibility (which has already happened at one landing site) is to find the "blast circle" in the dust from the takeoff of the upper portion of the lunar lander. They've spotted this for Apollo 15, IIRC.:thu:

Despite what some people say, there are a couple available objects on the moon to prove our visits. One such (several of them) are the laser reflectors used to measure changes in the earth-moon orbital distances. they had to be placed by hand, and several observatories hit them with some regularity. The other is that there are a couple nuclear (radioactive) objects that can be found and marked by navigation systems.

• Members

Despite what some people say, there are a couple available objects on the moon to prove our visits. One such (several of them) are the laser reflectors used to measure changes in the earth-moon orbital distances. they had to be placed by hand, and several observatories hit them with some regularity.

Bull! If the truth be known, the actual coordinates for those so called "laser reflectors" can be traced to the review mirrors on a 1948 Dodge pickup sitting in the parking lot of a Denny's in Bakersfield. :eek:

• Members

The intent was to spark the debate of the fake landing conspiracy, vs. what Buzz Aldrin punched some reporters face in for.

I've always been under the assumption that Americans really did land on the moon (17 people walking)... but I also used to believe that Fox News was real.
:freak:

Are you serious???

• Moderators

Despite what some people say, there are a couple available objects on the moon to prove our visits. One such (several of them) are the laser reflectors used to measure changes in the earth-moon orbital distances.

No, man. That's Dr Evil's moonbase laser.

DrEvilsspacesuit.jpg

• Members

I've always been under the assumption that Americans really did land on the moon (17 people walking)... but I also used to believe that Fox News was real.
:freak:

What do you mean? Fox news is real. It's really awful.

• Members

Bull! If the truth be known, the actual coordinates for those so called "laser reflectors" can be traced to the review mirrors on a 1948 Dodge pickup sitting in the parking lot of a Denny's in Bakersfield.
:eek:

Now add about 450,000 miles to the round trip and your on to them!:thu:

:D

Archived