She gon' kill me...

Fran da Man

• Members

Nope. I've got the X2 pedal. I can use it with the Neopak and the Senn with the 600.

You're losing tone-

I can hear it from here!!

I want double blind tests done- now!! :mad::mad:

;)

The XDR is a nice replacement, should you ever need it.

• Members

I've been not-very-seriously thinking about breaking from the club and going to a GBE750. The idea of separate EQs for each side of the pre has my interest piqued. And the fabulous blue LEDs sure are enticing! But I'd have to let the gig money pile back up for a month, and find someone to buy my GBE600 (with both footswitches and the original packaging
;)
) and then try to find a used GBE750 at the right time. Is it really worth it when I'm so happy with the 600 to begin with?
:idk:

assuming, theoretically, that the timing works out, and you decide to upgrade while I'm also looking . . . I'll take it.

• Members

I bring my gear in through the front door.

Yeah well your a gigging musician. I can't actually justify gear anymore other than "I want it". Although the wife is cool about everything cause she gets purses and trips to California while I'm at home twiddling my thumbs:D. She's also getting a 300.00 sewing machine for Christmas. I did buy the Hamer without telling her first though;)

Dan

• Members

Yeah well your a gigging musician. I can't actually justify gear anymore other than "I want it". Although the wife is cool about everything cause she gets purses and trips to California while I'm at home twiddling my thumbs:D. She's also getting a 300.00 sewing machine for Christmas. I did buy the Hamer without telling her first though;)

Dan

So it's tit for tat? :D

don't feel bad, i do the same thing ;)

• Members

Duly noted. Ever make it down this way?
:confused:

Actually, I'm one of the rare Minnesotans who doesn't really know anyone from/in Wisconsin (not counting people on bass forums, of course). I am hoping to go to Milwaukee next summer during the Twins/Brewers series.

• Members

Actually, I'm one of the rare Minnesotans who doesn't really know anyone from/in Wisconsin (not counting people on bass forums, of course). I am hoping to go to Milwaukee next summer during the Twins/Brewers series.

Poor guy! We don't bite.

Incidentally my sister lives in Woodbury but I never make it up there to visit her. :(

• Members

I've been not-very-seriously thinking about breaking from the club and going to a GBE750. The idea of separate EQs for each side of the pre has my interest piqued. And the fabulous blue LEDs sure are enticing!

I love my GBE750, and having used a 600 for a very brief period of time, I wouldn't want to give up the way the 750 is laid out. It's a super simple layout, that offers a TON of options if you want them. The way I use mine is to set the SS channel up for fingerstyle playing and the tube channel up for a harder driving pick style. With the independent gains and eq, this is totally ideal and works so well it's almost like having two amps all in one. On top of that you already know how great they sound, not to mention the huge amount of power it has. I can't recommend saving up for the 750 enough, it's worth every last cent.:thu:

• Members

I used to have a 600, and the only improvement I could have wished for was an EQ for each channel. I have a 750 now, and having the 2 EQs is great. Besides that, somehow the distortion form the tube channel sounds better to me than my old 600's did. The increased wattage was just icing on the cake. I don't get to play with a band much anymore, but the first time I did the guitarist was muttering beforehand about needing to put me through the PA (in the basement!) because he was sure that with only 750 watts I wouldn't be loud enough for him to hear me with all the racket he and the drummer like to make. After, though, he was astonished when I showed him how low the volume knobs were.

• Members

After, though, he was astonished when I showed him how low the volume knobs were.

Dude, you have GOT to play a Reverend 5L through that GBE750, I swear that the amp is twice as loud with the 'Fish. I've made guitarists cry.:D:evil:

...and no, there is no realistic, practical or rational use for that whatsoever.;)

• Members

hey Fran....I'm glad it worked out. Well, at least until Mrs. gets home. :D

I got a call from Juan today. Apparently you must have sent him a nice email or someting....unless that was another customer.

Juan and Jim wanted to know if we had any more.

• Members

hey Fran....I'm glad it worked out. Well, at least until Mrs. gets home.
:D

I got a call from Juan today. Apparently you must have sent him a nice email or someting....unless that was another customer.

Juan and Jim wanted to know if we had any more.

Thanks Roger.

It wasn't me that sent an email, but now that you mention it, i think i will.

Someone above is looking for one. (collinwho)

• Members

You gonna up to the X2 rackmount?

I'm gonna stick my pedal X2 and the Peterson Stroboflip for now.

I was thinking about that tuner/wireless combo as well.

I really like the EZ sleeve vs. a traditional rack.

By the way, can I play?

img018.jpg

• Members

l_b8b1ee7661c39e94a49a95e4655121b8.jpg

Me rockin' out the GBE1200 at a small club. I think the bartender was trying to tell me to turn down but I just couldn't hear what she was trying to say...
:D

Mmmm...those eight SWR 10's make my heart go thumpity-thump....can't say anything about the 1200, never played one, but I've seriously experienced your 'Ray and your speaker set-up!

Bitchin'!!

Archived