So that Al Gore guy...

Captain Fathead

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
If you think lying and falsifying info and espousing your theories, as a non-scientist as "fact" and "Truth" (which is in the name), just to gain notoriety and make controversy is an upstanding and integral act, I'm sorry my friend.
:)
It's a Michael Moore flick on steroids- just has the name of a has-been behind it, is why anyone "cared".

Anyone see Leo DiCrapio's flick? I heard it dropped like a bomb!
:D

YOu haven't seen the movie, have you ?

• Members
I heard a clip of it on the radio today, his address, talking about the "majority of all worldwide scientists and the consensus of the scientific community say that humans are the cause of global warming and we should stop it", or something to that effect.

I'd love to see his source for that. :rolleyes:

• Members

You very rarely find anyone who says that climate change isn't a serious issue or it's being blown out of proportion outside of the US.

Just an observation.

I don't think that very many people minimize global warming, I think that a lot of people will take issue with Gore's opinion of its cause though. Keep in mind that we've had 8 years+ with Gore, I think he's long since lost his credibility with us. Not a whole lot of people take him too seriously any more. That's my take at least.

• Members

Oil companies paying off scientists to support their economic agendas= ludicrous conspiracy theory.

All the scientists in the world, and the UN, teaming up to destroy mah traditional 'merican way of life and take away mah big truck=IT'S SO OBVIOUS!

• Members

The Nobel comittee lost all credibility, as far as I'm concerned, 17 years ago when it awarded the prize to Yasser Arafat. Yasser Arafat? Christ! You might as well give it to Joseph Stalin. Alfred Nobel must be spinning in his grave today.

• Members

Did anyone else happen to catch that wave of Category 4 and 5 hurricanes we were planning on having over for tea these past two years? :)

I know we missed them here in Texas, and I was SO looking forward to Houston emptying out again and acting like locusts from a plague wiping out my little town's resources, so I'm kinda upset that all these "experts" and members of the "consensus" were so wrong... :cry:

• CMS Author

Oil companies paying off scientists to support their economic agendas= ludicrous conspiracy theory.

All the scientists in the world, and the UN, teaming up to destroy mah traditional 'merican way of life and take away mah big truck=IT'S SO OBVIOUS!

Nice strawmen you've built there. No evidence of oil company "payoffs". Nothing remotely indicating "all the scientists in the world".

Since you mentioned trucks, why is it that you hear NOTHING from the politicians who embrace the GW panic, about any efforts to reduce the number of trucks on the road, why commercial trucks are virtually devoid of any real pollution controls, and railroads are barely an afterthought as a viable low emissions alternative to the steady stream of OTR trucks?? Could it be that the lobbying giant known as the Teamster's Union is feared more than some unorganized guys driving SUV's that already have every pollution control California could dream up?? Nahhh.....

• Members

The Nobel comittee lost all credibility, as far as I'm concerned, 17 years ago when it awarded the prize to Yasser Arafat. Yasser Arafat? Christ! You might as well give it to Joseph Stalin. Alfred Nobel must be spinning in his grave today.

I doubt it. The guy invented dynamite and an explosion at his factory kiiled his younger brother and several others. French newspapers called him the "merchant of death"

• Members

Jazzy asked a good question to RSB and it got ignored. I'll extend it to everyone.

All the folks who are talking about how poorly made the film was, have you seen it?

haven't talked about the film. haven't seen it. no desire to. I prefer to read actual research from both sides and make up my own mind and not have someone with a political agenda do it for me.

• Members

Jazzy asked a good question to RSB and it got ignored. I'll extend it to everyone.

All the folks who are talking about how poorly made the film was, have you seen it?

Yes. Keep friends close and Enemies closer.

It was what it was, a "Scareumentary" if you will. Good information and facts "massaged" to present a desired outcome, akin to the Michael Moore school of film making.

• Members

Yes. I wouldn't say it was poorly made, in fact, I thought it was done pretty well actually. Algore takes a lot of poetic license with the facts though and leans heavily on alarmist sensationalism. It's a propaganda film on par with films produced by the Soviets and the Third Reich.

• Members
haven't talked about the film. haven't seen it. no desire to. I prefer to read actual research from both sides and make up my own mind and not have someone with a political agenda do it for me.

If you haven't talked about it, then my question wasn't to you :p

Though here's a question to you: What specifically do you believe is his political agenda (just a quick summary).

Also, why do you believe that others do not have a political agenda?

• Members

I missed that my bad, I usually only read the thread from my email alerts.

But yeah I've seen part of it when it was on Showtime last month. They only showed it a couple times so I couldn't catch all of it, and God knows I'm not spending money to rent it! ;)

I've discussed it a little with people who have seen it, but from what I did see that's why I compared it to a Moore film, as it's a "documentary" of sorts that only shows what you want to give you the final result you want it to be. If it comes on again I may try to catch more of it altogether.

Plus, I'm not one that believes puny little mankind has the ability to control the ebb and flow of this planet and the cosmos anyways, but that's for another day... ;)

• Members
Yeah, mankind certainly couldn't affect the earth...

mushroom_cloud.jpg

:D

I didn't say affect- I said control... let's be clear on this cause in my book it's quite different.

I still don't see how nukes back in the late 40's caused our "GW" today- if anything, some 30 odd years later we were getting colder!!

{censored}- THAT'S why we want to nuke Iran, so in 20 years we won't have to use our A/C units during the summer!! :D It's an inside job by the heater unions!!!?!? :mad::mad::mad:

• Members
Yes. I wouldn't say it was poorly made, in fact, I thought it was done pretty well actually. Algore takes a lot of poetic license with the facts though and leans heavily on alarmist sensationalism. It's a propaganda film on par with films produced by the Soviets and the Third Reich.

I too have seen it and my first thoughts were it was like any other slick powerpoint presentation. Good on slick but lacking in scientific validity.

And yes, he plays hard and loose with the 'facts' as he calls them. No scientist in their right mind can scientifically extrapolate from CO2 to the overall climate change while ignoring other factors.

I agree, I get really tired and bored with all the dooms day {censored} hoisted on us by the dumacrats. It's tiresome. :bor::blah:

Archived