Tool/Justin Chancellor question.

rummy

• Members

Actually, it may have been recorded with an Ovation Magnum. Every live recording of Paul playing that song has him using the Magnum.

I've seen a video on youtube of him playing it with a Ric. Could be either or though. He's most known for playing his Ric's.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=a6m1bYkD3qY

Actually in this clip it looks like he's playing a Ray'

Dan

• Members

I've seen a video on youtube of him playing it with a Ric. Could be either or though. He's most known for playing his Ric's.

Actually in this clip it looks like he's playing a Ray'

Dan

I haven't seen the clip of him using a Ric on it but I don't doubt it. The two basses he used to record Opiate and Undertow were a Ric and the Ovation Magnum and you can really hear it on Opiate, the Ovation sound snappier and almost hollow.

• Members

I haven't seen the clip of him using a Ric on it but I don't doubt it. The two basses he used to record Opiate and Undertow were a Ric and the Ovation Magnum and you can really hear it on Opiate, the Ovation sound snappier and almost hollow.

I'd never seen one so I googled it..looks like a really unique bass. Never even knew they existed.

Dan

• Members

a buddy of mine has a couple of those Ovation Magnums. there's a magnumI and magnumII i believe. all i know is that they're realllly heavy, reallllly cool looking, and everything you play on it sounds realllllly phat.
:thu:

ovationmagnum.jpg

flag150.gif

Archived