The DI in the Boss GT-6B

mike fitzwell

• Members

Rocks! :thu: I have come to this conclusion after listening to the board recording from Saturday night. I also ran the modeling and preamp and she was sounding fat & tight. I may have to run direct more often. Hmmm... :idea:

My Genz gear might get lonely sitting at home alone on the weekends. :cry:

• Members

Yeah, once I figured out what I was doing with it, the GT-6B has some pretty damned amazing tones.

+1. I set up two patches for DI work, with one being SVT-ish and the other more of a Hi-Fi sound. I ran the SVT patch for most of the night and it was just FAT! This thing is one of the better pieces of gear I've bought in a long time. I love the simplicity of the setup--GT-6B & X2 wireless on the floor in a pedal bag, mic cable to the mixer. Done. I'm gonna have to do this more often when I bring along the full PA.

• Members

And that's what made me skip over the ME-50 and go straight for the GT-6B. Well that and the hell of a deal Burdizzos cut me on it.
:thu:

meh. my amp's got a good DI, and since i run the me50 in-line instead of in the loop, it's all groovy. but it would be nice to be able to just grab the bass, the boss and go giggin'...

Archived