THE WAL IS ON ITS WAY!!

RSBro

• Members

Here's hoping you like it as much as you liked the 4-string...

Custom basses are strange like that, they vary from instrument to instrument.

Yeah and considering how much coin I'm throwing at it, I better fall head over heels for it.

I have a week or so grace period to make sure I really really want it, but I really doubt I'm going to have issues with it, but again you really do never know. :)

• Members

Since I've played that bass, make it +1000.

:mad:

As I said before, you won't be disappointed.

I didn't know you'd played it!

Or if so, I've forgotten since. :)

Is it pretty comfy and everything? I wonder how different it's gonna sound from my Mach I 4.

• Members

I didn't know you'd played it!

Or if so, I've forgotten since.
:)

Is it pretty comfy and everything? I wonder how different it's gonna sound from my Mach I 4.

I played it at the Low End before Larry bought it.

It's comfy for a fiver-I felt just fine playing it, and since my main axes are 4's, that doesn't happen with every 5 I play. The neck is chunky, but not excessively so. The low B was pretty good-not as tight as a Modulus, say, but not floppy. I had all the tone controls mixed up when I played it, so I was getting some pretty odd sounds out of it, but I liked the basic tone of the thing a lot-it reminded me of an Alembic infused with some Fender DNA.

• Members

I played it at the Low End before Larry bought it.

It's comfy for a fiver-I felt just fine playing it, and since my main axes are 4's, that doesn't happen with every 5 I play. The neck is chunky, but not excessively so. The low B was pretty good-not as tight as a Modulus, say, but not floppy. I had all the tone controls mixed up when I played it, so I was getting some pretty odd sounds out of it, but I liked the basic tone of the thing a lot-it reminded me of an Alembic infused with some Fender DNA.

Thanks man.

Yeah I'm gonna have to make sure I can dig the B on a 34" scale bass. I keep forgetting that most 5's aren't 35"!

I did the same, but now have a good grasp of how to get some great tones out of it. What rig did you play it through at the shop?

• Members

Thanks man.

Yeah I'm gonna have to make sure I can dig the B on a 34" scale bass. I keep forgetting that most 5's aren't 35"!

I did the same, but now have a good grasp of how to get some great tones out of it. What rig did you play it through at the shop?

If you don't like it, I'll trade you an Alembic for it. ;)

I played it through an Aguilar AG500SC and a Schroeder 2X10, IIRC.

• Members

If you don't like it, I'll trade you an Alembic for it.
;)

I played it through an Aguilar AG500SC and a Schroeder 2X10, IIRC.

Haha, yeah I've gotten offers for small Hondas and Toyotas for trade if I hate this bass! ;)

In all honesty, I gotta make sure I'm gonna play it too. I know it's nice and it's a Wal, but it's too expensive just to sit at home and be a show piece or sit in it's case. Larry said he was pretty reserved about taking it out and about, and while I understand that, I like using my instruments as much as possible.

• Members

Thanks man.

I really don't see that big of a difference between 34 and 35" scale. The Warwick has an excellent B. The flex I have is because I like lower tension strings. I'm sure if it isn't to your liking you could find some higher tension strings to throw on which should help dontcha think?

Dan

• Members

I really don't see that big of a difference between 34 and 35" scale. The Warwick has an excellent B. The flex I have is because I like lower tension strings. I'm sure if it isn't to your liking you could find some higher tension strings to throw on which should help dontcha think?

Dan

I guess that's true too. I never think about string winding/construction having to do with how taut something like a B will be in the end, so good heads up.

I need to see how old the strings are, and probably try a set of Lo-Riders first, just as they're my go-to sets. But, I really actually like the Hi-Beams on my chechen Q5. On my graphite Q5 it'd be crazy bright, but the wood really tones it down and they're great strings.

• Members

I'd imagine they are pretty damn nice:D

Dan

Yeah- they don't suck. ;)

I play my stock Q5 at church only ( or as a backup) and I'm really starting to dig the plain graphite tone, even over the chechen. They're just both so good. And IEMs bring out ALL the little nuances, and it just makes me smile. :) Plus the Lo-Rider nickels I have on it are just the absolute perfect match for that bass. Hard to describe how stiff I get when I play this thing and have a slow and deep chorus patch on! :D

• Members

+10

Right now, as I sit here typing this, I have to constantly stop and scratch at the over 100 open pusstule-like oozing sores on my feet and hands that I got from trying to change a flat tire in the dark, on the side of the road, while standing in a red ant bed with only sandals on my feet. Ive been bitten by ants plenty o times, but these little bastards tore me UP!

I think they are getting smarter too. It seems like their commander waited till they were all over my feet and legs before he gave the order to attack.

!##$^#$^64 Little Bastards. And, so, yeah. That is a very appropriate and effective curse to wish on someone that you would like to experience a healthy level of discomfort.

Archived