Ouch....! Hillary-care beware....

chris-dax

• CMS Author

Don't be intentionally obtuse, craig. Look at the thread title, then read the first post. The shoe fits.

I'm not being obtuse; I happen to feel that describing where the future health system could be managed as "fear mongering" is over the top to the same degree as how this was portrayed. I think "fear" is an excessive description, used for effect. Just as the OP's post was.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Healthcare is expensive because high quality anything is expensive. The trouble is, everyone thinks they are entitled to free or close to free everything when it comes to care and they demand that everything be done no matter the cost. Costs would come down but the government makes it illegal for healthcare facilities to compete in an open market. Government has been price fixing healthcare for over 30 years and it will only get worse. Many hospitals have gone out of business because of costs versus return from mediscare and medicaid. Many others have merged and reduced staffing. None of this is good but we tend to blame only the insurance companies. Recall the dumacrats deriding the 'BIG HMO's' and 'BIG PHARMACEUTICALS' for all the healthcare woes which is another huge fabrication. The fact is, the two largest HMO's in the US are mediscare and medicaid.

So then who pays for the research into new drugs and drug therapies? Who pays for that new high resolution 3D reconstruction nuclear medicine examination? Who pays for the high tech microsurgery on brain, hands and spine? Who pays for that neonatal intensive care unit where costs exceed $2,500 per day? Who pays for that $40,000 interarterial stent? Who pays for the highly trained physicians who have spent nearly all of their adult lives in training? Who pays for their malpractice insurance premiums that are hundreds of thousands of dollars each year per doctor because they have no right to be human??

Finally, who pays for the mountain of regulations any healthcare facility must comply? Now this last one won't go away but the others? They will dwindle over time because there is no incentive if the government is going to further fix costs of doing business in healthcare.

This crap about 43 million have no healthcare is bogus and fear mongering. A stat released the other day shows 40% of them are illegals. And many others lumped into this category are in no need of coverage, at least not now. Moreover, everyone needs to also distinguish maintenance healthcare and catastrophic healthcare. The cost of each is substantially different.

One last point, there is a trend now with insurance companies to start charging higher premiums to those who lead lifestyles with higher risk behaviors. You know things like smoking, overeating, drugs, and the like. Fair or unfair, that's a tough question to answer.

Now picture the government doing this, it will happen. Many will complain that their tax bills are too high, many will report this to their respective representatives who, in turn, will look for cost reductions and measures to increase efficiency (a {censored}ing joke, actually :rolleyes:). One of the ways they will accompliah this is to dictate what you can and cannot consume. Conversely, if they cannot control you that way, then big tax increases on the undesireable stuff would be forthcoming.

This will be an ultimate control mechanism for the elite radical leftist and righties over you, I and Joe Sixpack.

And about dental and eyecare insurance. I believe they are separate more for traditional reasons than anything else.

Dentalcare is indeed healthcare. Anyone with an absessed tooth or a gum disease can testify to that.

Archived