rig upgrade

roosterbass

• Members

so, i recently upgraded my cab from an avatar 410 neo to an aguilar gs212 and man do i love the sound of the 2x12s....i run a gbe600 into it and play a g&l fretless asat semihollow...ive got an octave multiplexer and a limiter/enhancer on the way and im wondering which order to put the pedals in my effects loop....i was thinking the limiter/enhancer last to control the output tone of any of the effects i use but wasent sure...any suggestions?

• Members

the avatar was real nice, especially for the price, it had a good sound but at times could sound a little tinny, lacking in the low end..im pushing the same watts into the 2x12 and it significantly cuts through drums better than the avatar and the low end just rumbles...im going to pair them up tonight to see how they sound together but ill probably end up going with a 2x10 to top the aggy...i must say i am suprised by the low end of the aguilar's 2x12, ive never heard avatar's but i got a great deal on a mint aggy so the price was similar to the avatar's...cant wait to hear some crazy lows with the multiplexer coming soon

• Members

so, i recently upgraded my cab from an avatar 410 neo to an aguilar gs212 and man do i love the sound of the 2x12s....i run a gbe600 into it and play a g&l fretless asat semihollow...ive got an octave multiplexer and a limiter/enhancer on the way and im wondering which order to put the pedals in my effects loop....i was thinking the limiter/enhancer last to control the output tone of any of the effects i use but wasent sure...any suggestions?

If that 212 is an 8 ohm, just get another one and you'll be smokin'! :D

I put my compression pre-effects. When I have something on, I want you to hear it. :)

• Members

nice, yah its a 4ohm another 2x12 cab would be real sweet though, its just transportation reasons...i was thinking of a smaller 2x10( do you know any that are 16 ohm haha)...ive got to hold of on gear buying for a bit, so yah ill put the limiter before the multiplexer and rail away...cant wait

• Members

nice, yah its a 4ohm another 2x12 cab would be real sweet though, its just transportation reasons...i was thinking of a smaller 2x10( do you know any that are 16 ohm haha)...ive got to hold of on gear buying for a bit, so yah ill put the limiter before the multiplexer and rail away...cant wait

A 212 or 115 either would be great additions to that cab.

I know what you mean- so much gear, so little cash. :D

• Members

yah the gbe can run 2 all day....what a great head, i live in boston but will probably be putting the 4x10 up for sale some day soon...getting pumped for my fretless to make some ridicilous sounds from the multiplexer, the other day i was playing with a guitarist and i was mirroring his phaser by sliding up and own between notes, fretlesses are amazing!!!!

Archived