Sydney Users - know of TheBassplayer????

Jim-Bass

• Members

I been going in to The BassPlayer for years, buying from, getting set ups, installations eftc done by The for jusr over 20 years ...and suddently I hear the y're cloed!! What ?!?! Karl made m '78 Ric feek branstwert

d new!!

Anyone know the story?

• Members

That bloke, Mark, over at Talkbass sure got a raw deal.

I have never bought anything from them in there.

They are always too expensive and Ive often found, everyone except for Karl, quite condescending.

I agree to a point ....all second hand music sellers are getting hit hard by eBay (and so they should ....charging 20% of the sale price as comissission plus $25 for sew strings just cannot compete with selling on eBay, when all to do now is logon to eBay and tell the buyer :"Karl made m '78 Ric feek branstwert"*

But Karl was is a great techcie.....hope he stays around

• Members

I never met Karl, but I must say that I'm pretty pissed off with the other guys there... I took my head and cab in. I said I blew the speaker (115), but I think its a head problem thats causing it. They had a quick look at the head and said there is no problem with it, they'll replace the speaker.

I was told it'd get fixed in a week. Three weeks later, I called up and i got "speaker hasn't arrived yet." A week later, i went in and they were closing down. They didn't want to let me in the store, I had to yell thru the mail slot to say that I had gear to pick up.

A week after, the speaker blew again.... $220 down the drain, and no way to recoup it. I've got a cab sitting here that won't sell for $300 with a brand new speaker in it (the cat scratched the hell out of the carpetting), but I spent $220 to fix the speaker. Now I'm about to go and set fire to it, cos I've already lost money... :mad:

I'm sticking to the guitar factory in parramatta. They always look after me, and their memory is insane. I picked up a GK Diesel Dawg from them 3 years ago, and I bumped into the guy that sold it to me a few weeks ago... he said "yeh, I remember you, you bought that Diesel Dawg... used a gold Amex to buy it." :eek:

Then I was in there two weeks ago asking about a EBMM Bongo, and the other guy said "I remember you, you bought a fender acoustic bass like two years ago, yeh we'll take care of you with the Bongo!" hahaha

Archived