anyone buy LOW DOWN SOUND bass cabs?

lumpy555

• Members

theyre in detroit-mich. i always hear alot about avatar,i would like to hear from a forumite that strictly uses,or has used in the past low down sound bass cabs.please tell of your experiances with their customer service as well. thankx lumpy...

• Members

hey apendecto,i am just trying to feel the waters about these 2x12 cabs and yes i am in agreeence with alot of forumites here that own the gb-2x12 cabs,but i am trying to save a little cash as well as drivin to the 313 from toledo to see the place and check out the 2x12 cabs,maybe theyll have the 2x12x2-8 combo cabs as well.. lumpy.im off this week so lets have a meet-up! ill bring BLAC- BETTY,thats what i call my bongo.. peace... lumpy

• Members

i like you line of thinkin 2x12 neo ,but explain in english the bi-ampable part...

Bi-amping is where you split the low frequency signal to the big speakers, and the hi-mids and highs to the little speakers. The 800rb does this by having two separate outputs for low and high, with the high side putting out 100w and the low side putting out 300w, with separate volume controls. That way you can send the high side to a 2x10 and the low side to a 1x18 or whatever, and control their volumes individually.

C7

• Members

I like their designs from a technical pov (e.g. lots of different driver combos, hand-wired crossovers and whatever). I think they look like they were designed by the monkeys at the zoo, though. They are absolutely hideous to behold.

• Members

When I was in the market for a new speaker cabinet back in August, I emailed Low Down Sound numerous times asking for more information. I never got one reply. To me, that's unacceptable especially when I can email Sadowsky a question and get an email from Roger in less than two days.

odd. i've emailed them a few times about cabs, and custom designs, and without fail i get a response in a couple of business days... friendly, with pricing, options and suggestions for better ideas when mine are stupid.

• Moderators

I like their designs from a technical pov (e.g. lots of different driver combos, hand-wired crossovers and whatever). I think they look like they were designed by the monkeys at the zoo, though. They are absolutely hideous to behold.

Hideous?

IMG_8748.jpg

My cab cries. :cry:

• Moderators

odd. i've emailed them a few times about cabs, and custom designs, and without fail i get a response in a couple of business days... friendly, with pricing, options and suggestions for better ideas when mine are stupid.

I have had both experiences. Email is the wrong mode of communication with Don. Pick up the phone and you will not be disappointed.

• Members

I have had both experiences. Email is the wrong mode of communication with Don. Pick up the phone and you will not be disappointed.

Email is not my preferred method of choice, but as far as I'm concerned, if you are going to offer it as a means of communication you had better respond quickly. EA has been stellar in replying to every email I've had, even on weekends. It's all customer service.

• Members

If you live in Toledo, there is no reason not to go down there. It's less than an hour drive, why not?

Again, why haven't I been there?

Yo.

+1!!!

My closest decent MI dealer is over an hour away. I generally travel almost 2 hours to check out bass gear. It's not that big a deal folks. Go with a musician buddy, do lunch, pick up a CD to listen to on the way home. Let your buddy bring CDs for the trip so your exposed to fresh stuff. I dunno...I always have a great time doin' the li'l gear trips. :idk:

• Moderators

Email is not my preferred method of choice, but as far as I'm concerned, if you are going to offer it as a means of communication you had better respond quickly. EA has been stellar in replying to every email I've had, even on weekends. It's all customer service.

I personally am not impressed by Don's communication (or lack thereof) through e-mail. I agree with you entirely.

• Members

I personally am not impressed by Don's communication (or lack thereof) through e-mail. I agree with you entirely.

I never use email because you don't know if the person is really computer saavy or not. I always call...it's easier and I get my answers quicker..also how a person speaks to me also lets me know if I want to do business with them in the first place.

Dan

Archived