Would this baby be good for recording?

seraphim7s

• Members

I say yes . It's still gonna be loud though . I have a 4 watt Kay that screams , it helps to put a good distortion box in front of it sometimes . Throw a 57 on it , way better then any modeler IMO . :poke:

+1 on the loudness. I have a 30 watt Marshall tube amp that gets silly loud. The unfortunate thing is, usually with a guitar amp, they need to be cranked to get that nice overdrive sound going on.

Heck...+1 on the SM57 too...they are the industry standard on guitar amps for a reason.

• Members

... a 57? You mean an SM57?

I hope to get a Tele '52 reissue to go with this baby. I have no ambition to play guitar live (that's the guitarist's job) but I need one for demos and such.

yes Sir . The SM57 is a must for every studio though I have a 57beta, I use it on everything !

here is my 4 watt kay on 1 ! Didn't even wake the cats . :lol: and a fulltones dejavibe .

http://www.lightningmp3.com/live/64289_gt_jam.mp3

• Members

+1 on the loudness. I have a 30 watt Marshall tube amp that gets silly loud. The unfortunate thing is, usually with a guitar amp, they need to be cranked to get that nice overdrive sound going on.

Heck...+1 on the SM57 too...they are the industry standard on guitar amps for a reason.

yeah 30 watts is stupid loud on gtr when cranked up . I also really like the 57 on vocals :)

Archived