Anyone Here Retired/Gonna Retire Soon?

garytees

• Members

Actually, gonna reach 30 years this December, but I am staying for three more before I go out. Right now I have two daughters in Colorado and a son in California, so I can see some long-term trips in the future. Also, I can see several solo trips on my motorcycle, as the missus doesn't care very much for riding on the back. Also, I can see me in the studio at all times of day or night. :p

After a couple of years, I will most likely go to work somewhere.

• Members

I'm 48, but I'm eligible in 3 years (30 years of service). Love my work (the technology), hate what the job has become (the politics). If I could afford to, I would be seriously considering it. Need to get a bunch more put away, or start lining up a 2nd career. Maybe I could retire and then rent myself back as a contractor at twice the rate for 2/3 the time, that has actually worked in a few cases.

• Members

I had my retirement ceremony after 20 years of service in the U.S. Army last Friday. I won't officially be on the retired rolls until 1 Dec, but basically I'm retired, and ready for the next phase of my life. Hmmm ... more basses ... beer ......

Alan

Archived