So i noticed in teh new Matchbox Twenty video..

baracuda2004

• Members

that the bassist is playing a ric, but the song doesn't have what i've been led to believe is a RIC tone it's not super trebly or punch it's just right... I was led to believe they weren't good for stuff like this.

It depends on how you play it. Compare Paul McCartney's Ric tone to Chris Squire's.

• Members

that the bassist is playing a ric, but the song doesn't have what i've been led to believe is a RIC tone it's not super trebly or punch it's just right... I was led to believe they weren't good for stuff like this.

What one does in the studio for sound doesn't matter for appearance. When on film, you want to look the best, since of course, you're playing to playback.

• Members

What's crazy is that their first cd came out 11 years ago. That was one of my first cd's I ever bought and still remember seeing the videos for "Push" and "3AM" on MTV all the time. I am getting old
:(

+11. :(

That guy (forget his name) plays Sadowskys and MM's from what I've seen in the past, through Eden and Ampeg stuff.

Didn't know they had a new album- need to check it out. I used to think listening to MB20 was pretty {censored}ing gay, I'm not gonna lie, but now I see they're all great musicians and Rob isn't that bad of a songwriter. Or Paul Ducette, their drummer.

Archived