Sign in to follow this  
thefyn

Upgraded to Sonar X1 Producer. Plugin manager crashes

Both 32 and 64 bit X1d versions are crashing when the VST scan reaches my Antares, Devilok or stevel slate drums 4 plugins.

I have Win 7 64.

I previously had X1 essentials and made the upgrade today.

Any help would be appreciated.

I'd reinstall the plugins. What might have happened ios the liscences to those plugins got corrupted

during the upgrade and the program cant find them. Also rescan all plugins with the plugin search tool.

you have to list the files it needs to search in to bring them up on the list.

Make sure you have the lastest slipstream release. Sonar is, in many ways, a great program, but their .0 releases have often been a bit sketchy. When upgrading from a previous ordinal version, they've often recommended leaving your old version installed and I always have. I've only had to fall back to a previous version once, maybe twice (I've been using Sonar/CWPA since '96) but I was sure glad I could. The good side is that the fix-it releases usually have come out pretty quickly. (And, actually, what typically happens is that there is a relatively fast big-bug fix for the .1 version and then, a few months later, there will be a release that wraps up all the little fixes.)

I'm still having issues. It looks like the problem is Ilok related. i upgraded from essentials to 64 producer.

When it gets to the ilok VST's, pluginmanager freezes.

I figured it out. Windows DEP settings were the issue. Basically the security was blocking axtivex from talking to the ilok causing the hang.

To fix:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Change-Data-Execution-Prevention-settings

You would think that Ilok tech support would know about this???? I was back and forth for a week with them. I mean the damn thing runs via activex.