Glenn Cornick is the coolest Tull member ever.

der oxenrig

• Members

Call him on your dime. It's a legitimate school expense. Plus, an audience and conversation with a fave player of yours is a priceless thing.

I've spent hundreds, if not thousands on phone bills talking to a few bass luminaries over the years. In terms of music and the know-how that goes with it, I've found those experiences profoundly valuable.

• Members

"Teacher".

A classic bassline.

Oh yeah...+1:thu:

Not only the coolest member of Tull, but during their coolest period by far. I still have a pretty good vinyl copy of "Living in the Past", with the matte-like cover and tons of cool pics inside. Side 4 remains the strongest 20 minutes of Tull, imo. "Wondrin' Aloud" to "Wondrin' Again":)

I think this was the period of change between Cornick and the hyphenated bass players name(?).

• Members

Admit it dude, you just want to talk to him about Hiwatt amps (I can tell by this dude's pic!).

and here' show that conversation will go

GC - Hullo?

Ox - Hi, this is Ox. Uh, are you playing through a HiWatt right now?

GC - Yeah.

Ox - unh unh unh what are the settings.

GC - flat, with a bit of lowend.

Ox - unh unh fap fap unh unhfap fap fap

GC - what the hell mate!?!?! *dialtone*

• Members

Why do you say that??

at a Tull concert in probably 86-87 at Nassau Cliseum,Anderson stopped the show and scolded people for smoking weed in the Arena.

that is lame enough, but whatever.....

Then about five years ago i saw him play solo inSan Francsico.

He came across as a real jerk many times....

but the ultimate worst was when he kept shilling his merchandise from the stage culminating in the people who bought his overpriced stuff getting kazoos along with theirpurchase.

THEN

during Cross Eyed Mary, he wnadered out into the audience during the solo bit and had the audience mebers who had kazoos play the solo bit of CEM.

totally lame, uncool and unnecessary.

• Members

Actually, I just found out Glenn lives in SoCal. Guess I'll take him up on his offer to call him after all!

Oh, and Ian was cool throughout the 70s. Now he's just a miserable old fart. Still, I love listening to his interviews. One of the most articulate people on the planet.

• Members

and here' show that conversation will go

GC - Hullo?

Ox - Hi, this is Ox. Uh, are you playing through a HiWatt right now?

GC - Yeah.

Ox - unh unh unh what are the settings.

GC - flat, with a bit of lowend.

Ox - unh unh fap fap unh unhfap fap fap

GC - what the hell mate!?!?! *dialtone*

:lol::lol::lol:

One of the hardest laughs I've had on this forum, just 'cause I know the Ox's tubal tendencies....

Archived