A libertarian is just a rich anarchist

• Members

compare and contrast, discuss etc...

also, for the libertarians, i like alot of what you say...but eliminating the federal reserve would just result in china selling its bonds, and the US economy ending overnight...

• Members

My contribution to the discussion:

People who extract a phrase off of a political comic in an existing thread, and then create a new thread with that phrase, contributing little more than the word "discuss" are wasting bandwidth...

Also, who is suggesting getting rid of the Federal Reserve, since that's the system that makes and distributes currency (I know of no one, even the crazies who are suggesting returning to a barter economy)...Are you thinking that's where "all the gold is kept" or something? huh.gif

• Members

I like the idea of "Healthy Anarchy" - Do what you want, harm no one.

Also known as self-determinism or some form of Utilitarianism...

By definition "Anarchy" is the complete lack of leaders (An-archon, no leaders). People don't actually want that, and it would be impossible for it to occur, since not everyone would play nice.

• Members

By definition "Anarchy" is the complete lack of leaders (An-archon, no leaders). People don't actually want that, and it would be impossible for it to occur, since not everyone would play nice.

Also, there are people who are leaders and people who are followers. In an absence of power, there will always be those who will be quick to step in. Just and there will always be people quick to jump in behind those who step forward.

• Members

Hippie: Right now we're proving we don't need corporations. We don't need money. This can become a commune where everyone just helps each other.

Hippie: Yeah, we'll have one guy who like, who like, makes bread. A-and one guy who like, l-looks out for other people's safety.

Stan: You mean like a baker and a cop?

Hippie: No no, can't you imagine a place where people live together and like, provide services for each other in exchange for their services?

Kyle: Yeah, it's called a town

• Members

Hippie: Right now we're proving we don't need corporations. We don't need money. This can become a commune where everyone just helps each other.

Hippie: Yeah, we'll have one guy who like, who like, makes bread. A-and one guy who like, l-looks out for other people's safety.

Stan: You mean like a baker and a cop?

Hippie: No no, can't you imagine a place where people live together and like, provide services for each other in exchange for their services?

Kyle: Yeah, it's called a town

Rad.

• Members

I want my mother{censored}ing 40 acres!

Do you need to turn your rig around?

GIVE ME 40 ACRES (TO TURN THIS RIG AROUND)

(Earl Green / John William Greene)

The Willis Brothers - 1964

He was headin' into Boston in a big, long diesel truck

It was his first trip to Boston, he was having lots of luck

He was going the wrong direction down a one-way street in town

And this is what he said when the police chased him down.

CHORUS:

Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around

It's the easiest way that I've found ...

Some guys can turn it on a dime or turn it right downtown

But I need forty acres to turn this rig around.

Archived