Idea of complement to a US Jazz

Blucifer Hazelnut

• Members

Hei all,

I am looking for a bass to compliment my US Jazz (Ordinary American 05 version with Fralin Jazz pickups). I need a backup and complementary bass for live gigging, and I was thinking of the US Vintage 62 Jazz. I am looking for one mopre jazz sound, maybe with a full growl mid facous.

US Vintage 62 a good choice or other ideas?

• Members

Compliment? I don't understand, you aren't playing two basses at the same time so it won't compliment anything.. except maybe looking good together :confused:

If you are talking about getting a bass that sounds similar and yet different, I would say stingray or p bass.

Since you are asking for a back up, I would say mij p bass.

• Members

a stingray sounding similar to a fender jazz???

sorry, but its my turn to use this:
:freak:

It's really not though, I have owned a Stingray SUB in the past.. have you owned any version of the stingray, let alone played one?

In-fact do you even know what one sounds like? If you had experienced the phenomenon of the 'ray, you would not blindly ignore the fact that the Stingray is a versatile instrument and can reproduce a multitude of sounds... it can mimic the tone of both J and P relatively closely.. leaning toward the p in my humble opinion.

I'm starting to really tire of your posts man...

• Members

i dont own one, but played one, and i dont think it has nothing to do with any jazz or precision ive ever heard or played... it has its signature tone, such as jazzes and precisions do

Anyone else care to chime in here?

Archived