fill in the blanks? (yes, ANOTHER GK thread...)

mlwarriner

• Members

OK. So I'm going to put my new 1001RB into an existing 2x12 combo cabinet. Problem is, I need to cut a hole in the top of the cab for the ventilation fan on the 1001. Remainder of the problem is, I have no idea where the fan is and would like to do the cutting this weekend if possible. But my GK won't be in-hand until Monday at the soonest.

So, for those of you who own and use the 1001, can you take a look at the attached PDF file and tell me what to fill in where the ???'s are?

please and thanks.

• Members

oh, you didnt check that?

its on top, like i said, if you have a rack you'll have to leave an empty space above the head... its the only downside to that head...

it's a 2 space head. the cabinet i'm putting it into (it's a hughes and kettner 2x12 combo amp) has 2 spaces on top for the head. i know that the fan is on top of the GK head. i'm trying to figure out approximately WHERE on top of the head the fan is. so that when i cut the vent hole in the top of the combo it's in the right place.

• Members

Why would you cut the hole before you get the amp? Are you tweaking or something?:D

I just looked at the GK700rbII combo that they make, and they indeed have a vent on top of, so you're right on track. Just hold your burros, senor, don't go hacking into the cab until it arrives.:D

The best part of all of this is, you're going to sound like me now.:idea:

C7

• Members

Bull{censored}. He'll flip it before he even switches it on.

Touche. :D

I actually predict that he flips the HK cab before he moves the GK. But this time next year, he'll have a Hartke or something, so peeps should look forward to a smokin' deal on a 1001rbII coming up in the next several months.

C7

• Members

Why would you cut the hole before you get the amp? Are you tweaking or something?
:D

I just looked at the GK700rbII combo that they make, and they indeed have a vent on top of, so you're right on track. Just hold your burros, senor, don't go hacking into the cab until it arrives.
:D

The best part of all of this is, you're going to sound like me now.
:idea:
C7

the reason for cutting the hole before i've got the head would be so that i can just run in to practice next weekend, drop the amp in the combo and go.

but that's all moot now, as i've already sold the GK on ebay for $650.

ok, not really. but it is moot because i won't be practicing, or even seeing my gear this weekend. missus has a b-day party that, for some reason, she thinks i need to be at.

oh, and i've decided what i'm going to do about it. i found some three-space vent panels on the net. i'm going to get one of those and cut the hole in the top of the combo cab so that it lines up fairly well with the front edge of the amp face. zip some screws down through the top to hold the panel on and we're dancin.

Archived