Rehearsal cancelled AGAIN...

Crescent Seven

• Members

I'm getting really sick of my band.

I went out in the past week and hung 100 flyers all over Denver for our next show, I bought, burned, packaged and labeled 50 cd's, I ordered 3 CD's off the internet with songs we want to learn for covers, I've placed a dozen booking calls over the last 3 days, I've sent out mailers for the mailing list, bulletins on myspace, and I've called a few dozen people to invite to the show.

And I'm the {censored}ing asshole of creation for getting pissed that the drummer cancelled rehearsal for the 5th time in the last month.

I spent $75 and about 12 hours putting those CD's together, and I burned out my CD burner. Add in the cost of gas for flyering, and I'm almost to $150. {censored} this, I'm working way too hard. Of course, it will all be my fault when I can't get shows booked because we don't draw, and our stage show is sloppy.

I regret quitting drugs sometimes...

C7

• Members

I'm getting really sick of my band.

I went out in the past week and hung 100 flyers all over Denver for our next show, I bought, burned, packaged and labeled 50 cd's, I ordered 3 CD's off the internet with songs we want to learn for covers, I've placed a dozen booking calls over the last 3 days, I've sent out mailers for the mailing list, bulletins on myspace, and I've called a few dozen people to invite to the show.

And I'm the {censored}ing asshole of creation for getting pissed that the drummer cancelled rehearsal for the 5th time in the last month.

I spent $75 and about 12 hours putting those CD's together, and I burned out my CD burner. Add in the cost of gas for flyering, and I'm almost to $150. {censored} this, I'm working way too hard. Of course, it will all be my fault when I can't get shows booked because we don't draw, and our stage show is sloppy.

I regret quitting drugs sometimes...

C7

DR-770.jpg

:wave:

• Members

DR-770.jpg

:wave:

We have shows booked.

The last 2 shows were sloppy and didn't flow well, so I've been pushing for more practices. Today was supposed to be a long rehearsal since the Broncos aren't playing until 6pm, enough time to hash out the rough spots and get ready for a very important show on Friday. Now it's looking like we might not be a band at that point, I basically told our drummer where to shove it. Rehearsal is at his house, so it's in his control when we rehearse, if he decides to cancel, it screws the guitarist and I.

Apparently they got together last night and jammed, and got super drunk, so they're all hung over. I stayed home last night and drank 4 beers specifically so I would be fresh for today. Now it's looking like I might get canned for caring too much about the band. {censored} me for pushing the band to live up to its potential.:idea:

C7

Archived