A rep at an older shop just tried to sell me a used Squier VM Tele Bass...

Death Hands

• Members

For five hundred dollars.

It had no tag, and he wasn't right up on it. I guess he thought I had grabbed a '51 P RI or something... He said he'd cut me a deal on it. Five hundred out the door. :p

The up side is that the tech there still digs me, and I've still got some good blood running in the establishment, so my full-tilt setups are looking to be only about thirty-five dollars American.

I played that VM Telebass and an Epi Goth TBird through a Fender 210 combo. The Epi sounded... iffy. The neck on it was different from the Epi TBirds I played up at Guitar Center. Much more meatiness to it. It may've been the test rig, but it was flat sounding. Very unresponsive.

I still can't play with a pick. I do try, though. :D

Off track... Instead of buying new strings for the fretless(well, that was on track) or filling my book order, I grabbed some movies. The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, Girl Interrupted, Reign Over Me(these two were together), and Mystic River. Yeah. +dvdcollection -everythingelse.

• Members

oh, i didnt read it was a squier! then thats not good at all
:D

No worries. :) The owner was in, so he really couldn't cut me a deal. That ol' codger is fairly greedy. He acted like he was blessing me by giving me a five dollar nylon strap for free with the purchase of a bass. Haha.

The hilarious bit is that it was visibly used. :p Scratches, nicks, etc.

• Members

No worries.
:)
The owner was in, so he really couldn't cut me a deal. That ol' codger is fairly greedy. He acted like he was blessing me by giving me a five dollar nylon strap for free with the purchase of a bass. Haha.

The hilarious bit is that it was visibly used.
:p
Scratches, nicks, etc.

:lol::lol::lol::freak::lol::lol::lol:

:poke:

• Members

I liked it, especially the look, but it was, like most/all Ps I've tested, tonally staunch. Maybe they just don't do
it
for me, so I can't get me out of them.

If I had the money to blow, I'd grab one at street price, no doubt.
:)

yeah, play one through a nice tube head and it's fat sounding, too fat almost hahha

• Members

yeah, play one through a nice tube head and it's fat sounding, too fat almost hahha

This one, with all of the maple and all, was hard to make muddy. I was expecting a slur of hawtness, but it was pretty well defined and snappy. Kinda surprising, although it just felt ridiculously cheap. My SX seems far more stout. :p

• Members

I picked one up the other day in a guitar store here, it was wayyy too light for me. I was noodling on it but I just couldn't play with the pickup where it was, I'm so used a pickup further back that I pretty much use as a finger rest.

I liked it, but, all in all, I think I hyped myself up too much before playing it. I was easily able to use the pickup as a rest, too. :p

Too light? From the guy that has a five pound fretless? ;)

Archived